Agile Septor 827 RN CP CF lizard burst

• Thread starter DeadPool2099
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeadPool2099

Reaction score
Here in Colorado I have found an agile septor in a pawn shop I can considering buying. Its going for $ 222.00 I am going to look at it more and try it out. When I saw it a few days ago it looked pretty good. The neck was straight, yet the strings were not set up yet. Its like someone bought it brand new, and then decided they didn't like it and pawned it.

If you guys saw an agile 8-string being sold for half the price would you guys get it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
As long as it plays and sounds good to you and is in good condition, I would definitely pick one up for that price. Make sure and post pics if you get it, I would definitely like to get a look at that lizard burst!

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Absolutely. I had that exact same guitar at one point (same finish even) and it was great. The only reason I sold it was because I just wasn't ready for 8 strings yet, I just had no clue what I was doing.

It played great though. I actually sold it for more than that, resold that sucker with a chunk missing out of the headstock for $300, it was gone in 2 days.

I would go over it pretty thoroughly first, though. Mine was good but people have gotten enough lemons from them that I'd be wary.

DeadPool2099

Reaction score
Yeah I will be sure to go over it play it and see if anything is wrong with it. From What I could see it still looked brand new. I am going to check it out on Friday and possibly get it on Saturday. If anything is wrong with it, I will pass and not get it.

I just love the look and feel of the guitar I got to play it but not plugged in. I didn't have time to plug in and play and tune it. I saw it and had to go home at the time. It will be the first time I would have a guitar with baritone scale.lower tunings are my favorite. I have my 25.5 scale Ibanez RG7321 tuned to A standard and sometimes drop G. I have GHS 11-64 strings on it, the strings work fine. The intonation is ok, but when I do blues bends and leads I run into tuning problems.

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
Yeah I will be sure to go over it play it and see if anything is wrong with it. From What I could see it still looked brand new. I am going to check it out on Friday and possibly get it on Saturday. If anything is wrong with it, I will pass and not get it.

I just love the look and feel of the guitar I got to play it but not plugged in. I didn't have time to plug in and play and tune it. I saw it and had to go home at the time. It will be the first time I would have a guitar with baritone scale.lower tunings are my favorite. I have my 25.5 scale Ibanez RG7321 tuned to A standard and sometimes drop G. I have GHS 11-64 strings on it, the strings work fine. The intonation is ok, but when I do blues bends and leads I run into tuning problems.

I have a septor 727 with Ghs 9-58 on it and I go from standard to a whole step down all the time and never rly had tuning issues , the stock grover tuners really works great , it does feel a bit spaghetti when playing a whole step down tho lol

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Dude, go for it. Thats a great price. And whoever pawned it is an idiot. Rondo has a fantastic return policy.

Partario

Reaction score
That's a good deal. As long as there isn't anything glaringly wrong with it grab it!
I got an intrepid pro 8 string (ash, 28.625 scale) for 400 from a local shop. Still had the plastics on it and everything. It's my favorite guitar! As long as you don't mind setting it up yourself or paying someone to do it, Agiles are top notch budget guitars. I think I have 5.

DeadPool2099

Reaction score
I got the lizard burst last night! I love this guitar. With 9's on this thing plays like butter. Its the baritone scale feels great. It feels very natural to play. I tried out at the pawn shop looked it, i plugged it in tried it out and it was fine. It came with a case, picks and new strings. I brought it home last night I tuned it and man this is the best guitar I have ever owned. I will set it up later but i checked the intonation and its spot on. The set of 9's works fine, yet the lower F# needs a bigger string.

I put on a set of Ernie ball 10-74 on it and it plays fine. I might go back to 9's and just bump up the 8th string itself to an 80 or something. This guitar is awesome. It is pretty much the best guitar I have ever owned. i have been playing this thing for hours and can't stop.

')