Agile Septor Elite 828?

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
I would really love to buy one of these in the future but I am VERY skeptical about rondo music, I've heard a lot of mixed things regarding Agile. The one I want is the black flame. Anyone else out their have some feedback to share on me with this guitar? How good the finish came out, any high frets etc. I hear agiles tend to have poor fretwork but their higher end models, not so much. Is this true? I'd appreciate the feedback!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to realize that with Agile you're paying for features and specs, not quality or consistency. That's why they're able to offer such a diverse array of instruments for much less than the bigger companies, selling direct helps as well.

Since day one Rondo has left the final instrument inspection up to the buyer. The benefit is you save money, the caveat is that you may get a dud.

That's the primary reason that Rondo's return and exchange policy is so forgiving and their customer service is top notch.

If you're willing to possibly send the guitar back and hope for a better example, then you'll get a decent guitar (think mid range Ibanez, Schecter, or LTD quality) for a very fair price. If you want something with a better chance of being awesome out of the box, go with a more well known, established brand from an authorized dealer.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
They do have awesome Customer Service in the US. I had a question (not even about returns) about something when I ordered a Douglas Baritone from them. I had a response in like 30 minutes.

I've played two Agiles that were well below the spec of the one you're looking at, and they were both very, very nice guitars for $400 and $550 that they cost. Both of them came out of the box needing a serious adjustment, but no rough fretwork or shoddy parts or anything.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've played two Agiles that were well below the spec of the one you're looking at

Worth noting, there is no "quality ladder" with Agile guitars. Everything from the $225 AL2000 to the $1000 multiscale or 10 string and beyond to the custom orders have the SAME level of quality control. You're not increasing the odds of getting a good one by buying a more expensive one.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
Good to know, I just bought a new hellraiser c-7 recently and the fretboard was pretty poor quality and there was a nick chipped out of the serial number. Not to mention I shipped it in a hardcase. They just told me they had a limited lifetime warranty. Wasn't too happy. So it's good to know they have a good return policy

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I was unaware....
As long as you're in the US, you really can't lose, cause you can return them till you get a good one if it sucks, and you have a better chance of getting a decent one then even having to exchange it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I've gone on about Schecter's quality enough in my tenure here. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a fan I take it? Lol I have an esp I spent less on that I love and still is in better condition

Not at all. :lol: At least not a fan of their older import stuff from a few years back. I actually haven't owned a newer one, but they seem to be better.

I remember when they released some batches of C7s and Loomis models without the frets being crowned. :ugh:

I've had MUCH better luck with Agiles, and I've even received a few lemons.

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
Yah know I had a guy warn me about Schecters neck quality before I bought one I just expected more from a company line that. I'd love an sc-608b but I really don't feel like spending more than a grand to have Steve Carpenters signature on the fretboard. Think I'm gonna give agile a shot. Thanks a bunch man

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Kurt at rondo is good guy, and I, among many many members here, could probably tell you the same.

I had just a shadow of a doubt about the Intrepid I received months ago and he was willing to swap it out for me, no questions asked. Turns out it was just an adjustment issue.

kerleyben

Reaction score
TL;DR I've had 2 and loved them, and ordered another today but i've also heard bad things about them.

To be completely honest I've loved both my Agiles. I just ordered a septor Elite 828 tonight actually, (the purple quilty one with Blackouts). I had a septor 7 string for a while but got tired of it when I moved to 8 strings. I got an Agile Hornet 8 and it was very nice, they even threw in a hard case for me. I have seen no fret issues on my two that i've owned, the finishes were nice (for black guitars with a simple gloss finish) and the Hornet didn't even need a setup beyond tuning the bottom 3 strings. All that being said, like nearly every other company out there, there are lemons. I've heard of sub-par fretwork and some really nasty looking finishes, but I haven't seen it on mine. I really like my Hornet, but I did end up replacing the pickups. When I did, I needed to chisel out a little corner of the routing of the bridge pickup hole so my D-Activator would fit. That was my only issue.