Agile septor pro 727 used, good deal?

Reaction score
Hey, i'm a complete newcomer to both this forum and sevenstrings. I heard agile were a pretty popular company for 7 string guitars so decided to look for a decent deal on ebay, since i live in the UK. I found and agile septor pro 727 with 4 days left, highest bid £190. The owner has modified it quite a bit. He says he replaced the pickups with lundgren M7 and a carvin 7, he had cavities routed to accommodate the pickups, he upgraded a bunch of electronics stuff that i don't understand, and he had the neck professionally sanded. Is this a good choice for a first 7 string, because it certainly sounds like it, then again i have a very limited knowledge about the things he upgraded.

eBayISAPI.dll

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mustache79

I like to play
Reaction score
Hey, i'm a complete newcomer to both this forum and sevenstrings. I heard agile were a pretty popular company for 7 string guitars so decided to look for a decent deal on ebay, since i live in the UK. I found and agile septor pro 727 with 4 days left, highest bid £190. The owner has modified it quite a bit. He says he replaced the pickups with lundgren M7 and a carvin 7, he had cavities routed to accommodate the pickups, he upgraded a bunch of electronics stuff that i don't understand, and he had the neck professionally sanded. Is this a good choice for a first 7 string, because it certainly sounds like it, then again i have a very limited knowledge about the things he upgraded.

eBayISAPI.dll
Agile Spetor Pro 727 seven 7 string Highly moded Lundgren M7 Carvin sanded neck | eBay I was looking at it myself. I noticed in one of the pics that the bridge looks like it is all the way down, as low as it can go. This means if you want lower action you'll have to shim the neck joint. I'd pass on that one. Plus the guy has shitty feedback.

benny

Ibanez RG Addict
Reaction score
The price will be going higher so I wouldn't personally bid. He changed the pickups to "better" ones, sanded the neck to be a thinner profile (w/unknown finish on it now to us), and added in a coil cut for the M7 pickup. If the modifications are some that you would want yourself, then they can be worth the price. Keep an eye on it.

Agile Spetor Pro 727 seven 7 string Highly moded Lundgren M7 Carvin sanded neck | eBay I was looking at it myself. I noticed in one of the pics that the bridge looks like it is all the way down, as low as it can go. This means if you want lower action you'll have to shim the neck joint. I'd pass on that one. Plus the guy has shitty feedback.

You can't shim a neckthrough neck joint though, just saying... Not to mention the nut and truss rod also play into overall string height. My Septor 727 Pro w/TOM, same model but in black, has low action (~1.8mm low B and <1.3mm high E) and lots of room to lower it. His should be able to do the same.

knM7Ll.jpg

mustache79

I like to play
Reaction score
The price will be going higher so I wouldn't personally bid. He changed the pickups to "better" ones, sanded the neck to be a thinner profile (w/unknown finish on it now to us), and added in a coil cut for the M7 pickup. If the modifications are some that you would want yourself, then they can be worth the price. Keep an eye on it.

You can't shim a neckthrough neck joint though, just saying... Not to mention the nut and truss rod also play into overall string height. My Septor 727 Pro w/TOM, same model but in black, has low action (~1.8mm low B and <1.3mm high E) and lots of room to lower it. His should be able to do the same.

knM7Ll.jpg
Just warning the OP....
It's a bolt on.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Agile-Spetor-Pro-727-seven-7-string-Highly-moded-Lundgren-M7-Carvin-sanded-neck-/110835598276?pt=Guitar&amp;hash=item19ce5103c4 just sayin. Also, look at the bridge. It's been lowered down almost if not entirely. I understand the physics behind guitars. Sometimes guitars with TOM bridges that suffer from poor neck angles need to be shimmed. It's more common with guitars with TOM type bridges because they have limited adjustability and can require more neck angle than guitars with types of bridges. Also neck angles can and will vary from guitar to guitar even with the same model. I remember early Schecter C-1 models had issues with new guitars coming out from the factory with shaollow neck angles. Big problem with a set neck joint or through body guitar. Neck Angle Calculator - The Tundra Man Workshop

7stringDemon

Reaction score
EDIT: My original post made no sense after I re-read the posts above me a few times. Carry on :)

benny

Ibanez RG Addict
Reaction score

:scratch:

Check his last picture. Shows the strips entering the body. Also shows that the sanded neck line is off with the back of the body (bummer). You can also clearly see in the second picture that it is either set or neck through due to the finish being attached to the fretboard. Plus Pro=Neckthrough at Rondomusic.

Oh, and the bolt on Agile Septors feature a one piece maple neck.

:yesway:

')