Agile telecasters

• Thread starter guidedbyechoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to playing seven strings. I got my first seven about two months ago and it was a oceanburst agile septor 727. I started out with a cheaper model because I wasn't sure if sevens were for me. Well it turns out the necks on the agiles do not feel like baseball bats and are really comfortable. My only issue with the guitar was the toggle switch is questionable so I replaced it.

To my main topic, I really like the look of telecasters. I have been wanting to get a seven string version with string through bridge, passive dual humbuckers, ebony fretboard with no markers and the reverse headstock. I was excited to learn that agile did make a tele like guitar but, they aren't what I'm looking for. I found a pic and videos of a custom style one some ordered with the same general specs I'm looking for but agile has no option for them on the rondo site.

Did they stop making them or is there a secret "menu" I need to go reach to find out more info?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34756930@N07/3960058932/in/set-72157622467048786/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUizGrrOQ4

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
They open their custom shop every once in a while. Try getting ahold of Kurt at rondo..

celticelk

Reaction score
As Alex mentioned, you'll want to check out the Rondo semi-custom shop when it's taking orders again. Carvin is also making a 7-string version of its TL guitar, which can hit just about all of your specs (I don't think they're doing inline headstocks) with a marked increase in quality.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
As Alex mentioned, you'll want to check out the Rondo semi-custom shop when it's taking orders again. Carvin is also making a 7-string version of its TL guitar, which can hit just about all of your specs (I don't think they're doing inline headstocks) with a marked increase in quality.

The 3-4 4-3 headstocks will work I just prefer not to get the typical carvin headstock. They hit just about everything except the string through. My biggest concern with carvin is the pickup mounting is sort of goofy on the older models. Did they fix that? My second concern is I don't know how their sevenstring necks feel. They are hard to try out.

celticelk

Reaction score
The 3-4 4-3 headstocks will work I just prefer not to get the typical carvin headstock. They hit just about everything except the string through. My biggest concern with carvin is the pickup mounting is sort of goofy on the older models. Did they fix that? My second concern is I don't know how their sevenstring necks feel. They are hard to try out.

The standard bridge on the TL70 is a string-through-body Hipshot. As far as I know, their 7-string passives are standard sizes and mounts, and the guys here who have Carvin 7s seem pretty pleased with the necks - NGD threads aren't hard to find if you want to ask around.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
The standard bridge on the TL70 is a string-through-body Hipshot. As far as I know, their 7-string passives are standard sizes and mounts, and the guys here who have Carvin 7s seem pretty pleased with the necks - NGD threads aren't hard to find if you want to ask around.

Ah ok I'll do some more lurking. I didnt know hip shots were string through. I thought only the bass models were string through and the guitar versions were top loading.

')