Albums featuring VHT Ultralead?

• Thread starter jforsythe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
I definitely know of Unearth "In The Eyes of Fire", two Mudvayne albums, and some Helmet albums. Does anyone know of any other albums recorded with the Ultralead? I'd love to hear of some non-heavy stuff. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Off topic, but that shaving cream beard (I'm assuming that's what it is in your avatar) is fucking awesome.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Which Mudvayne albums? I thought they were all rectos.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
lost and found was a UL?!?!? oh! that'd explain the good tone lol

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
There really aren't that many I know of personally, either. I know Paul from Cradle used to use one back in the day. At the '07 Metalfest Job for a Cowboy and The Acacia Strain were using them (Unearth was using the Deliverance).

This was an amp I just bought blind, going on reputation alone.

FortePenance

Reaction score
Have JFAC recorded anything with the VHT before? I thought they were Mesas... or something.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought the Mudvayne albums were with Pitbulls and I thought the new Unearth album was with the Deliverance. :scratch:

Sleeper

Reaction score
Dave Weiner's "Shove The Sun Aside", according to his site it was used for every tone on the album.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Slipknot - IOWA :hbang:

Really? I didn't know that. That album has really good tone. Good to know.

EDIT: Yeah it does sound like a VHT, that midrange especially. Definitely not how I would have set it though, but who knows what the engineers did in mixing.

Have JFAC recorded anything with the VHT before? I thought they were Mesas... or something.

Yeah I think recorded might be the 5150, or a mix of both. I just know at least one of the guys used a VHT when I saw 'em live, incredible tone. :shrug:

')