Albums like Erosion of Sanity, please.

• Thread starter gunch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    gorguts
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
My word, this album has been crushing me as of late. It just drips with atmosphere. Obscura may have catapulted Gorguts to godhood, but dammit Erosion of Sanity has it beat when it comes to dystopic feel. To me this is the definitive mid-era tech-death album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8ElskNf3Q&NR=1

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
hahaha... theres really not too many albums like this... its such a masterpiece.. and afterall, its gorguts, so nobody really does what they do quite them... simply put, its a unique album by a unique band

but my best recommendation to you would be Oppressor - Solstace of Oppression... then theres ripping corpse - dreaming with the dead... and these albums kinda resemble the riffing on erosion... the vocals are a bit different.. nobody really sounds like luc lemay..

but other than these two albums, nothing else really pops into my head atm.. ill get back at ya if i can think of any more

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
hahaha... theres really not too many albums like this... its such a masterpiece.. and afterall, its gorguts, so nobody really does what they do quite them... simply put, its a unique album by a unique band

but my best recommendation to you would be Oppressor - Solstace of Oppression... then theres ripping corpse - dreaming with the dead... and these albums kinda resemble the riffing on erosion... the vocals are a bit different.. nobody really sounds like luc lemay..

but other than these two albums, nothing else really pops into my head atm.. ill get back at ya if i can think of any more

Excellent, thanks dude.

Reaction score
A bit more of a modern feel, but the first Defeated Sanity album has a fair amount of Erosion Of Sanity to it. Unfortunately they dropped that feel in their later works.

Viginez

Reaction score
erosion is unique, but i recommend pestilence-testimony of the ancients and -spheres

Nick4764

Reaction score
Demilich's Nespithe album, i wouldn't say its exactly like The Erosion of Sanity, as no album is, but it shares its similarities,

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
check out the band Morpheus Descends... theyre an OSDM band w/some erosion-esque riffing as well... IIRC, they only have one album out

Steve08

Reaction score
check out the band Morpheus Descends... theyre an OSDM band w/some erosion-esque riffing as well... IIRC, they only have one album out
Two actually, both are wonderful though Ritual of Infinity is the better one... the guitar tone sounds diseased. Literally like a swarm of locusts. So awesome.

yeah OP, check out Ritual of Infinity pronto.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
That's kind of hard to match up to... but I recently discovered this awesome jem of an album:

Deeds of Flesh's Trading Pieces. :hbang:

Latest posts

')