Alexinsonfire Broke up.

• Thread starter thedarkoceans
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Can't really say I'm surprised, how many second wave screamo bands are still around since 2001-2003?

I can't really blame the guy for quitting something his heart wasn't in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Anyone who hates this band can fuck off. I remember the first time I heard Crisis. Best post-hardcore album ever written.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok... so is it Alexis on fire, or Alex is on fire, or am I suppose to never understand?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
The band's name was derived from Alexis Fire, the world's only lactating contortionist stripper. This caused problems when she discovered that they were using her website name as their band name, and she threatened to sue the band for copyright infringement. However, it was discovered that the moniker was not registered, and no further action took place.

:agreed:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Well that sucks I came across these guys on youtube randomly and loved the shit out of a few songs but notsomuch others and hoped for more material.

Owel, city and colour is pretty snaz now that I'm looking it up.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
I adore this band. Crisis and Watch Out! have a shitton of plays in my library but I was disappointed with OCYC, but was hoping they'd have a few more in them! Too bad :<

Mayhew

Reaction score
This blows. I love ALEXISONFIRE man. That three pronged vocal attack was killer. Dallas's velvet cleans, Wade's punk grit and Georges frenetic power screams really gave a lot of depth I thought that not many bands have. They each took the lead on some songs or combined their power on others and I loved that variety. Not to mention Rat beard was a wicked drummer who hits real hard like Dave Grohl or Bonzo.

Bummed for sure. They were a band who's live sound never disappointed. I heard from a reliable friend that Dallas was leaving after their last tour but after hearing Dog's Blood I was really hoping for 1 more album to combine that new found energy and heaviness with the production and sound of Old Crows which I thought was gonna be a wicked climax to their career and end of a high note.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score

Seriously depressing that Im not going to get to hear more from these guys. I can't understand how someone couldn't enjoy listening to any of the above tracks.

')