Alexinsonfire Broke up.

• Thread starter thedarkoceans
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score

This is why I didn't post about this here in the first place. Absolutely fantastic band and I'm very sad to see them go. As a friend of mine succinctly put it: "sucks Dallas is concentrating on City and Colour, but I 'spose he's gotta keep the lights on in his house."

Hankey

Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Damnit. Even though I really like City And Colour and I had a feeling this would be a possible outcome, it still f'ing sucks. I love Alexisonfire and I'm glad I got to see them live a couple of times...

:/

okaymike

Reaction score
It sucks even more that they really split because Wade is the new Gallows vocalist. Dallas has been balancing the two for years, Wade comes to London for a week to practice with Gallows and they split on his return to Canada.

Reaction score
the title says it all.they broke up.opinions?

Im glad to hear that it's "Alexinsonfire" and not "Alexisonfire" that broke up.

In all seriousness, I would be sadder If their latest couple of releases weren't better than "Crisis" and "Watch Out!"

datalore

awkward soul
Reaction score

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Wow. After this long in the industry, Dallas should really know better than to air his grievances this way.

Seems like a lot of world weariness and self pity... They sucked all of the fun out of being a band. Its a shame really... Well, I wish them all luck in their new projects.

Nimgoble

Wound tight
Reaction score
Never really listened to Alexisonfire. BUT, this thread lead me to finding out that Frank Carter is on longer with Gallows. :(

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
This is why I didn't post about this here in the first place. Absolutely fantastic band and I'm very sad to see them go. As a friend of mine succinctly put it: "sucks Dallas is concentrating on City and Colour, but I 'spose he's gotta keep the lights on in his house."
He said opinions.

My opinion of the band is that they're more terrible "just like everything else" hipster hardcore.

The band isn't that great, and I'm glad they're gone. I've listened to City and Colour, while it's better, it's still not that great. Dude can sing, but eh.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Wow, didn't really see that coming, that sucks. I'm a huge fan of these guys, I've always thoroughly enjoyed everything they've put out. They were that hopeful local band that you knew was going places, or thought so anyway (went to high school with George).
As far as slamming Dallas for this "Interview" on Ultimate-Gutiar.com, 1) It's ultimate-guitar.com, 2) If those are in fact his words then good for him for giving an honest answer to a tough question an really I can't say he said anything negative or insulting about any of the band members themselves, he just couldn't handle being on the road 365 days a year.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I kind of figured this would end up happening. I think city and colour is definitely way bigger for Dallas Green, and figured he would become a lot more busy with that project instead of Alexisonfire. I don't know if I dig the new city and colour album that much though. I think I would have been happier with another alexisonfire album instead.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I will start by saying I CANT STAND THIS BAND

BUT

It is sad seeing such an established and popular band break up. Trying to imagine how it must feel to have built this monster of a project, then having it crumble around you, it is a very sad time indeed. They are talented, just not my genre of music, and I wish them all the best in future experiences :yesway:

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Another thing that I think really plagued this band was a horrible music term that was thrust upon them. People started labeling them as a "screamo" band. They even said that once the term came out, and people started labeling them as such, they started to lose potential fans because of it. It is just like when people started using the term "emo" for the get up kids (although what people call emo these days is nothing what the get up kids were like).

')