Alice In Chains : Discuss.

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Last weekend, I went and saw an AIC Tribute band my drummer was involved in. It brought back a bunch of memories that I have associated with AIC's music and my youth. I haven't listened to their albums in many years, although I do have them all. Well, I finally broke them out again & my god...this trip down memory lane has reiterated to me once again that they were one of the best rock bands to EVER come out. Every track is a gem into itself. :hbang:

Discuss.

NP: Hate To Feel - AIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
One of the most awsome and influential bands in my life. The first time I heard Jerry's riffs and Layne's voice, I knew that was a band that was going somewhere!! Whenever I get into a bit of a funk, I know I can count on them to bring me back out.

I seriously wish that Layne had been able to kick his addictions. Maybe they would've been able to do more as a band. More music, more shows, maybe even still be playing today, since Jerry's solo career kind of sucks now....

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
"We Die Young" has one of my favorite riffs of all time. Kickass song. :metal:

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
everytthing about AIC was great it seemed. you can feel even on the records how much soul they pour into their music. and i always thought they should be where nirvana is. *looks around to see if drew is gonna shank me*

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
AIC is one of the best ever. They were supposed to open for one of the Metallica tours I went to see in the mid-90's, but they had to back out, and I never got to see them live.

As much as I love their entire catalog, it's the quiet acoustic songs on Sap, Jar of Flies, and even Unplugged(which, in my opinion, is one the highlights of that series on MTV) that really showcase their talent. So many of those songs were just so haunting and powerful.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Layne is one of my all time favourite vocalists, and Cantrell was very influential to me when I started playing.

Nutshell, Would?, Rooster all awesome songs and I go back and listen every now and again.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
everytthing about AIC was great it seemed. you can feel even on the records how much soul they pour into their music. and i always thought they should be where nirvana is. *looks around to see if drew is gonna shank me*

[action=Drew]shanks dylan[/action]

Nah, give it 20 years. Nirvana was simply more high profile, and the manner of Kurt's death probably has a lot to do with that. I love them and all, but when the kids of the grunge generation are rediscovering our old CD's a few decades down the road, these guys are going to be on the same plane as Nirvana, I think.

Great band, one I never got into properly at the time but I've always liked the stuff I've heard.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
Dirt = awesome album

I also really enjoy Sap and Jar of Flies, and Unplugged...fantastic...and I agree that AIC unplugged was the highlight of that series, with Pearl Jam being right on par

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
1st time i heard "I Stay Away" and 'No Excuses" i was amazed at how heavy they were w/o distortion. then i heard "Man In The Box", "Them Bones" and was floored.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
One of the best bands ever in my opinion. Right up there with led Zep. I love the shit out of these guys. I would list some songs but theres too many, so I'll just list one that I really love. "Nutshell".

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score
I listen to the Unplugged CD religiously. Things they can do vocally... amazing.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
Leon said:
they were grunge, but they were still :metal:
i remember them making a big deal about not being grunge. they kept telling everybody that they're just a hard rock band. but i guess thats what you get when you get big in the early 90s and you're from seattle. :lol:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Last weekend, I went and saw an AIC Tribute band my drummer was involved in. It brought back a bunch of memories that I have associated with AIC's music and my youth. I haven't listened to their albums in many years, although I do have them all. Well, I finally broke them out again & my god...this trip down memory lane has reiterated to me once again that they were one of the best rock bands to EVER come out. Every track is a gem into itself. :hbang:

Discuss.

NP: Hate To Feel - AIC
i agree man, AIC was most definately, at the very least, the best band out of the 90s, but they really are up there as one of my favorite bands ever.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dirt is Alice In Chain's best album. It brings back memories when I was a sophomore-junior in high school always, there was a time where I wore out my cassette tape too. That along with SP's Siamese Dream has to be one of my all time favorite albums ever.:yesway:

Makelele

Reaction score
Totally awesome band. Songs like "Would?", "Rooster", "Down in a Hole", Man in the Box" are just amazing. I also agree that they're a lot better than Nirvana.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
AIC are a great band. I think they're the type of band, that a little further in time people will really look back and realise how awsome they are. Its just nirvana were around with them, so yeh. AIC are equally as good, its sad layne is gone.

')