Alice in Chains - Would? Live, feat. James Hetfield

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Great song, but i don't think hetfield suited. Alice in chains cannot be without layne staley, but phil anselmo and maynard keenan were by far the best at filling in. I think it'd be cool if phil joined AIC :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
That I'd like to hear! Links?

I had the MP3s some time ago, and I lost 'em in a computer crash :\ I found these, but the quality isn't the best (being a live bootleg and all), and you can barely even tell it's Maynard. I think there are better ones out there somewhere, but the interwebs are vast.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i only heard an mp3 of it. A decent quality one on a tool fan site. I don't think their is a live video...but who knows

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Would someone please cut Hetfield's tongue out? He really was only ever good at the screaming thrash vocals, and now that he can't do that anymore, there is absolutely no reason for him to ever open his mouth in front of microphone again. Ever. Period.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
He doesn't sound like Layne, and wasn't trying to sound like Layne, which is what I liked about this performance. He just has a gravely clean voice and the same kind of vibe that fits in well. To me, he is the obvious choice, if he can stay clean and sober.

Well put Dave, that's exactly what I was thinking man! :yesway:

Reaction score
Cool :yesway: that is the best thing hetfield has done in 10 years. Even if Layne did it a lot better that was pretty cool. Dirt is one of my favorit albums :metal:

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I really don't like either James or Phil, I thought they both did a pretty good job. Those are some enormous shoes to step into. :yesway:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I had the MP3s some time ago, and I lost 'em in a computer crash :\ I found these, but the quality isn't the best (being a live bootleg and all), and you can barely even tell it's Maynard. I think there are better ones out there somewhere, but the interwebs are vast.
Cool Tom thanks!

Wiz

Reaction score
Maynard sounded great with AiC. There were two videos with him singing a couple of tunes with them. It would have been awesome to have him do a tour with them, but honestly I'd put that guy in every band I know :p
He's truly a good singer, not a "Jeeah!" type of singer like Hetfield :p

')