Alien Romulus discussion - Plot holes and other glaring issues

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
This will inevitable contain spoilers so I will hide this first post with the spoilers tag.

I watched the movie this past weekend. It was a decent watch in that it kept the Alien mood and feel but after leaving the movie and thinking about it more my opinion gradually declined more and more. So, here are my issues:

1. Why did they send a ship to the wreckage of the Nostromo to collect the original Alien? They could've simply went to LV426 for the derelict ship with the eggs aboard which they eventually sent the colonizers to in the 2nd movie. There's no way they could know they'd find it or that it would still be alive.
2. How on Earth did the original Alien cocoon itself in space and preserve itself?? Soooo stupid.
3. The wreckage of Nostromo, having exploded almost like a nuke, would've been scattered for millions and millions of miles especially after 20+ years later. And yet they get there and everything is in one convenient debris field.
4. Why was Weyland Corp unaware of the status and position of the spacestation? And if they were then why didn't they act to retrieve the specimens or did they intentionally set it to drift towards the ice rings?
5. Where did they get all the Alien eggs from to get all those face huggers?? Obviously it was established in the 2nd movie that the queen lays the eggs and Big Chap didn't look anything like a queen does.
6. How were a bunch of young miners able to take a Weyland ship off the planet so easily?
7. When given the guns they are told not to use them as the acid blood will cause a hull breach, well then how did the station crew stop Big Chaps blood when they killed him?
8. *And this is a BIG one* Why on Earth did they grow from the size of a zucchini to fully grown in like an hour??? And the facehugger implanted the seed in minutes where in the original films it took way longer. Everything was sped up. She gets incubated and like an hour later or so (their time) it's ripping out of her chest, WTF? Really ruined the movie so much IMO.
9. Did the creators not know that you don't require gravity for Newton's 3rd law to work? Without gravity you're STILL going to get splashed with alien acid blood shooting them up close. Then there's that ridiculous dodging the free floating zero G acid from all those killed aliens. Supreme eyeroll, I was shaking my head and said, "WTF am I watching?, this is ridiculous!"
10. The plot line was just so incredibly weak. Bunch of young miners detect a ship in space, which turns out to be a space station, and decide they can go up and take it's cryopods so they can escape to wonderland.
11. Lastly, the hybrid was goofy and could still be ripped to shreds by the regular aliens.

Anyhoo, that's what I got. What did y'all think of the film and what comments do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
They should go back to the Prometheus storyline. The newest addition is stale and repackaged. How many times can you fight aliens, get saved / betrayed by an android, slip into cryo, and wake up to find out that the aliens that don't need conventional resources are still alive?

')