ALIENS

• Thread starter jaretthale78
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
I think we nuke the whole planet from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

But seriously? I believe that it is almost certain that life exists out there. I also believe that it is almost certain that said life has not visited us. Think about the logistics: If an alien culture discovered Earth, the Earth they would see would be far in the past, most likely far enough that it wouldn't be worth investigating, as it would be a steaming ball of rock and clouds. Even if they did decide to check us out, barring FTL travel, it would take a LONG time. Long enough that they couldn't be sure that the conditions of our planet would be the same, or if our planet still even existed. And if they did make it all the way here, the chances of that alien culture developing to that point to reach here at the point of recorded history makes the probability infinitely small.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
I think we nuke the whole planet from orbit; it's the only way to be sure.

i agree with corporal hicks...it the only way to be sure :lol:

ha, dude this needs to be your avatar:

3158377_gal.jpg

SD83

Reaction score
From all I know, I guess it's highly unlikely that there is intelligent life out there. Somewhere. I hope they did not visit us, the current state of our race is embarrassing. If we ever were to be visited by other intelligent creatures, they would most likely be more intelligent than we are... or at least they would act more intelligent. Something that is hardly seen in mainstream SciFi as far as I know, maybe due to the fact that we can think of what we would do if we were less intelligent, but not the other way around---

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I believe in that more than I believe in god haha.. I would love to know or see something about Aliens that isnt photoshopped crapped or old people freakin out telling they saw shit. Maybe its true but Fuck...I wanna see it with my own eyes.

Same shit with spirits and ghosts but those scare the shit out of me more than anything so I don't mind not having to see one..:ugh:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Even if they did decide to check us out, barring FTL travel, it would take a LONG time. Long enough that they couldn't be sure that the conditions of our planet would be the same, or if our planet still even existed.

Unless they folded or squished the fabric of spacetime so that their planet was close to ours and then just waltzed right over. Cmon man they are aliens! I can't even imagine the extent of technology in a billion year old or more intelligent civilization.

Fionn

Reaction score
I'm positive they exist. I doubt most if any are intelligent. I think the mass particial extinctions and the right set of circumstances made us evolve into intelligent life, and i would suspect its super rare that the same set of circumstances would happen again. I'd say there ARE more intelligent beings, but we will never come into contact with them due to location, and perhapse even time. They might have already been millions if not billions of years ago, or even havnt happened and will blossem after WE are long gone.
UFO's? Aint no way, there hasnt been a shred of proof(and i'm an et believer) that an ET has visited, and i think its a bit arrogant and naive to really believe that ufo's have visited.

Mass particle extictions, the big bang right, well that applys to the whole universe, and the right set of conditions for us to evolve well thats local to our small part of the galaxy, not really related...

You seem to contradict yourself in that post, you believe there are and yet you say that due to conditions its highly unlikely :scratch:

Not digging just didnt get what you were trying to say.

I think that that fact we are here says it all, the same shit has prolly happened in this galxay at least a few hundred times if not more, that chance that everyone has made it to technological or sipritual trancedence is minimal, look at us, if we havent destroyed opurselves in the next hundered years i'll be amazed.

Lets say, universe is 13billion, earth is 5billion, must have taken at least 3-5billion for all the hydrogen to form massive stars and get fused into other elements and scattered across the verse in millions of super novae, so that leaves 3 billion ish for other planets (solar systems) to be born and evolve, i'd say we are prolly one of the first waves of inteligent life, but maybe that has been a few that have come before us and maybe a few have even been and gone.

So in terms of time scales its def possible that we are not the olny ones here, one of the first maybe but probably ont the first, if the universe was say 8billion then i might be saying something different, and hey you never know maybe some 5billion years a go or so a being just like me wrote something silimar on a cool site on his/hers/its plant wide communications network.

UFOs sure its possible that something out there has found a way to travel FTL or maybe what we are seeing is so beyond us there is no point trying to figure it out, go ask an ant what it thought about last nights episode of big brother!!!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
They may not be as extravagant as xenomorphs or ET, but to think there is no living life out there simply because we have to proof is a kinda ignorant thing, not trying to sund offensive. I mean you can't compare them to God for a start, because God has no basis in reality, he/she is an abstract oncept (Agan, not trying to be offensive, speaking from a purely scientific point of view).
We have on earth extremophile bacteria that can survive in conditions ranging from underwater volcanoes thousands of feet under the sea, to chunks of solid ice in the coldest conditions known to man. They can live in deadly acids, extreme heat, petty much anywhere. These bacteria survive off of certain chemicals like sulfurs, using chemosynthesis to create a new kind of ecosystem. Instead of having plants using energy from the sun to start life off, you have bacteria using chemicals. These bacteria form the basis of a larger ecosystem. Around deep sea vents at the bottom of the ocean life tube worms and crabs that can only surivive thanks to these bacteria.
Now there are many planets considered very likely places to harbour extremophile life. Mars has cave systems that stretch deep within the planet. Now considering it is a dead planet, with no geological activity, its odd that every so often there are methane blooms coming out of certain caves at particular times every year. These methane blooms can only be created by either geological acitivity (seemingly impossible if Mars is dead) or biological life. We won't know unless we get there. Then theres Jupiter's moon Europa which is believed to harbour similar conditions to the hydrothermal vents at the bottom of the ocean.
If a simple bacteria can exist on another planet, then it proves life can exist outside of earth. This simple life can be the basis of a food chain, meaning there are potentially larger multi-cellular life forms to be found. Somewhere there may even be a planet similar to ours in just the right place. Its not a crazy idea, its just luck.

Tiger

Reaction score
Here is the list of things I've seen. I don't do any drugs, take any meds or drink.

1. The very first unexplainable thing I have seen was quite a sight to behold and was visible over a long time period, about 5 or 6 minutes. I was around 12 years old I suppose. A formation of metallic objects were suspended in the sky in a formation that was as follows: There were three rows, the top row had 6 objects, the next 5 and the next 4. The object's shape were not clearly discernible because they were metallic and possible spinning very quickly, but they gave the impression of being oval. The objects sat still in the sky and every so often two of the objects would trade places in the formation. The movement was very fast and sudden. The movements of the objects were the most shocking element of the spectacle. Each switch took a fraction of a second and the movements were completely random. The objects went out of sight only because the vehicle I was sitting still in for 5-6 minutes drove away. I was a passenger, so unfortunately I couldn't stay and watch. All the other people in the vehicle weren't as interested in the objects as I was.
2. The second object was seen on a clear night when I was standing outside talking to a friend. I was 17 years old. There was a bright red object that went from one side of the skyline to the other in a few seconds.
3. The third is the only thing on this list that was seen near my house. This was recent, last year sometime. I was walking with my cousin and band mate and we both froze in our tracks when we saw what appeared to be an enormous amount of blue police lights flying through the air at shoulder level only about 50 feet away. There was no accompanying sound whatsoever. We live nearly a mile from any road in that direction and there is a myriad of trees as well as a huge hill being between us and the road. This visual was intense, brilliant blue light streaking through the trees only feet away in dead silence is eerier than words can deliver.
4. This occurrence was late last year. I was driving alone down a familiar road and saw a bright neon green light. At the first instant I thought of fireworks, after it sat still for quite some time I knew what I was seeing. When I realized what I was looking at for a bit the object made its escape. It went downward and then shot away and disappeared right in my sight. During this manuever it left a bright green glowing trail behind it that faded shortly after its departure from my sight.
5. This sighting is very similar to the last one. This time the light was white and the instant I spotted the object it moved rapidly leaving behind a trail that disappeared after a short time. This object vanished within seconds after I spotted it. It was on a stretch of road within a mile of the previous sighting and had the same characteristics, just a different color.

Fucking Gilbert, man. Unfortunately I never had those experiences living out there, that would have made that town more interesting.

splinter8451

Reaction score
I actually just watched Aliens last night. :lol: if we ever find xenomorphs somewhere then I will literally shit my pants and hide in my basement.

The only thing I am going to say is.... I think it is stupid to believe that we are alone in the universe.

Hubble Ultra Deep Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That image has 10,000 galaxies in it, and is just one dim spot in our sky. The universe is full of galaxies with planets orbiting stars. There is definitely at least one other planet with conditions for life out there.

So while aliens may not be visiting us, they are out there :eek:

Bren

Reaction score
i fully believe in aliens. i doubt that in our life time we'll make any contact, or whether they're intelligent or not. if you think about it, there has to be some kind of life out there. i read somewhere that if only one in a billion planets can support life, then theres at least six billions planets out there with it! the universe is impossibly huge, so its a bit selfish to think we're the only ones in it.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I had sex with an alien once.

wait...wrong kind.

thats what you get for putting this in off-topic...

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
off topic, but wtf was before dinosaurs?..

Large reptiles, before then amphibians, then fish that could come on land, then fish with jaws, some land insects such as millipedes etc (low oxygen levels meant these early insects grew to enormous sizes), then simple fish without real bone structures, crustaceans and mollusks etc and going back increasingly simpler multi cellular organisms such as jellyfish and bacteria.
Thats in reverse order of course, and a much simplified account.

')