ALIENS

• Thread starter jaretthale78
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Large reptiles, before then amphibians, then fish that could come on land, then fish with jaws, some land insects such as millipedes etc (low oxygen levels meant these early insects grew to enormous sizes), then simple fish without real bone structures, crustaceans and mollusks etc and going back increasingly simpler multi cellular organisms such as jellyfish and bacteria.
Thats in reverse order of course, and a much simplified account.

:nono:

You forgot Chuck Norris.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Bullshit. Cthulhu and the rest of the elders were around while Chuck Norris was still swimming around in his daddy's balls.

Your credibility was ruined when you implied that Chuck Norris has a father. ;)

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
He is. What I should have said is that Cthulhu was around while Chuck Norris was still swimming around in his own balls.

If only the scientists and religious types would realize this, the world would be a better place.

d3monc

Reaction score
The thing about aliens is noone will believe in them until they physically have seen them first hand. I want to believe there are aliens out there I however am not sure if they have or have not visited earth. If you search long enough you can find a million testimonies from anyone and everyone. There is an entire UFO disclosure project with all these high end government officials etc claiming to have had encounters with aliens and alien artifacts. Let's think about the fact that it's 2010 and everyone whose 5 and up probably has a camera phone. Noones gotten a picture yet?

Matt-Hatchett

Reaction score
I think that IF they do exist; they are multi-dimensional and much more complex than little green men.

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
The thing about aliens is noone will believe in them until they physically have seen them first hand. I want to believe there are aliens out there I however am not sure if they have or have not visited earth. If you search long enough you can find a million testimonies from anyone and everyone. There is an entire UFO disclosure project with all these high end government officials etc claiming to have had encounters with aliens and alien artifacts. Let's think about the fact that it's 2010 and everyone whose 5 and up probably has a camera phone. Noones gotten a picture yet?

I've seen one thing that was long and clear enough to capture on camera. It was the first one though and it was in the 90s. No camera handy. I saw footage of the same incident once on tv of all places. Someone did capture it. I cannot find it on the internet. It doesn't seem to exist any more. It was the most clear and convincing footage I've ever seen.

The rest of the things I've seen were really fast except for one. That one that lasted 40 seconds. It would have been useless to capture it with my camera phone. It would have looked like someone waving a blue flashlight at some dog shit.

Even If everything I have seen was shot in 1080p HD no one would believe it. Everyone would scream Adobe after effects repeatedly, Seeing the things in person is surreal, I wouldn't expect the footage to be accepted.

That being said some good footage would be nice. All of the footage I've ever seen was some turd handle pulling around a plastic bag through a field or throwing a frisbee made out of paper plates and glitter.

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
He is. What I should have said is that Cthulhu was around while Chuck Norris was still swimming around in his own balls.

I just spit Nos-smoothie all over the screen...that was fucking hilarious.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Chuck Norris rendered Jesus obsolete when he round-housed the devil and sin and killed them both.......WITH THE SAME FUCKIN' KICK!!!

Back on-topic....
I believe 'alien' life forms exist, but they aren't little green men or UFOs. I believe they are microbials and bacteria. Im willing to stretch my imagination some to include plant life, but the thought of some intelligent civilization that sneaks up on us all the time to probe us in the ass is bullshit imo.

As for UFO sightings; I believe that our government is testing some seriously top secret shit that people are misinterpreting as aliens. But I find most sightings to be just stories mixed with sensationalism. People like attention and what better way to get some than to "discover" an alien life form? Im not discounting anybody's
credibility here, but I just think people try too hard to associate what they see and dont understand with something that is tangible, like vids/pics of martians.

I will concede this; mankind has a knack for proving itself wrong time and time again when it comes to the universe. I may be woefully wrong and there are green men with disintegrator ray guns and butt probes, but there is just little to no authentic proof to prove it either way. So for now I just say screw it and worry more about my problems here on earth...

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Mass particle extictions, the big bang right, well that applys to the whole universe, and the right set of conditions for us to evolve well thats local to our small part of the galaxy, not really related...

You seem to contradict yourself in that post, you believe there are and yet you say that due to conditions its highly unlikely :scratch:

Not digging just didnt get what you were trying to say.

I ment mass partical extinctions and not particle:lol:

But humans wouldnt have evolved in the way we had if there hadnt been extinctions of just about every spieces on earth multipul times. It took a long time for life to go from microbial to something substancial, and the catylist was the enviornment making life harder, hence them having to evolve. then do that a handfull more times and then creatures started evolving more and more till we got here.

Even if there are places that life exist, they perhapse might even be MORE perfect for life which might screw that life. It may have never had the chance to evolve due to a lack of catastopherys that never forced them to evolve.

Man i cant spell.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I'm certain a hyper-advanced star wars-ish type scenario is happening or has already happened.

The universe is too gigantic and so old that it has to have happened. I mean, just look at us. We are not quite to that level, but it could happen.

I just think that its almost impossible for them to have visited us. We are just too far away. It would also be a huge stroke of luck for them to even find us.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I'm certain a hyper-advanced star wars-ish type scenario is happenind or has already happened.

The universe is to gigantic and so old that it has to have happened. I mean, just look at us. We are not quite to that level, but it could happen.

I just think that its almost impossible for them to have visited us. We are just too far away. It would also be a huge stroke of luck for them to even find us.

Think of the technological advances a civilization would have if they were just a million years ahead of us. Theres no reason they couldn't have cracked faster than light travel. They may not have made themselves obvious for political or social reason. They would be a much more advanced race than us, and perhaps have overcome problems we face now. If all life follows certain rules, maybe civilizations do. Perhaps with their age and wisdom they have overcome pollution, war and crime, hurdles we still have to face before we are ready to meet another race which would only complicate things.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Think of the technological advances a civilization would have if they were just a million years ahead of us. Theres no reason they couldn't have cracked faster than light travel. They may not have made themselves obvious for political or social reason. They would be a much more advanced race than us, and perhaps have overcome problems we face now. If all life follows certain rules, maybe civilizations do. Perhaps with their age and wisdom they have overcome pollution, war and crime, hurdles we still have to face before we are ready to meet another race which would only complicate things.

Well, a couple things pop out. First, faster than light travel might not practically be possible. Living beings, might never ever beable to do that no matter how advanced.

Then theres the question of motivation. Does anyone thing that advanced beings would travel eons just to NOT contact us or just abduct some back woods hillbilly to probe? Its pretty unlikely.

For some reason people think technology = better beings. Look at us,we can harness the atom, travel into space ect.... and WE are STILL doing some of the dumbest shit possible.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I welcome the research of travelling forward in time.

While ethically it's not entirely sound, I find the prospect of it utterly amazing.

')