All caps typing.

• Thread starter riffist
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffist

Reaction score
So, what is the problem with this exactly? Upper case, lower case, the letters are the same. What does it matter? And why does nobody complain about typing in all lower case letters? I see that all the time.

And please don't try to tell me that it's yelling or shouting. It isn't. At all. It is letters on a screen and no more. A rage filled post will be rage filled however it is typed. A non rage filled post will not be rage filled however it is typed.

Any ideas? It seems like this is almost universally frowned upon for no reason at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
IMO FS threads and stuff of the like should be able to be all caps, I mean, any Myspace/official band title things I see are all caps, to me, it looks more appropriate, but an all caps post would be quite annoying, maybe even more so than no caps.

I still think the 'humourous' mod title changes are unnecessary.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To me it just seems like if you can't take the time/effort to properly construct a post/thread then why am I gonna spend/waste the time to read it?

Have you ever read a post with all caps? It's so hard to read.

To illustrate:

TO ME IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TIME/EFFORT TO PROPERLY CONSTRUCT A POST/THREAD THEN WHY AM I GONNA SPEND/WASTE THE TIME TO READ IT?? HAVE YOU EVER READ A POST WITH ALL CAPS? IT'S SO HARD TO READ.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Retards write like retards. I write normal. :yesway:

pink freud

Reaction score
Proper typing > ALL CAPS > StUpId EvErY aLtErNaTe LeTtEr Is CaPiTaLiZeD

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I DNT C WAT TEH PROBLM IZ WIT TYPIN LYK DIS. IT WURKS LYK NORML BUT ITZ BIGGR AND IT R GO GOOD WITH BEER.

... :wallbash: I think I just halved my brain cells...

riffist

Reaction score
To me it just seems like if you can't take the time/effort to properly construct a post/thread then why am I gonna spend/waste the time to read it?

Have you ever read a post with all caps? It's so hard to read.

To illustrate:

TO ME IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TIME/EFFORT TO PROPERLY CONSTRUCT A POST/THREAD THEN WHY AM I GONNA SPEND/WASTE THE TIME TO READ IT?? HAVE YOU EVER READ A POST WITH ALL CAPS? IT'S SO HARD TO READ.

I've read lots of posts with all caps. They are not hard to read. I see no difference in difficulty whatsoever. Nor do I see any reason why there would be a difference.

Although pink freud who mentioned the alternating caps/noncaps made me realize that I do find that annoying for no good reason. So I guess people just have these quirks.

splinter8451

Reaction score
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL AND NO ONE AROUND HERE IS ALLOWED TO BE COOL.

Translated for the people who have trouble deciphering the language of all caps:

Caps lock is cruise control for cool and no one around here is allowed to be cool.

I actually find it more annoying when a mod edits someones thread title and adds some lame joke to it because they put part/all of it in caps :lol:

Murmel

Reaction score
It's not a quirk. It's language and English text is supposed to be written a certain way. When it's not written properly it LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND EVERYONE HATES IT.
I've heard that about 60% of native English speaking teens typ liek dis.
i hop dat is not tru for teh sak of humaniti.

Ofcourse we do retarded typing here too, but it's not even close to the horrid typings of teen English.. :ugh:
For example, here one may write: "hahaha, visste int att du kunde gö så" instead of the correct: "Hahaha, visste inte att du kunde göra så".
It litteraly means "Hahaha, didn't know you could do that".
Though it sometimes depends on the dialect how you type if you're just chatting or whatever and not using proper grammar. We do have a shitload of dialects for being such a small country. People from the Gothenburg area use "la" alot. I honestly don't know what it means, it's not a word. It's not hard to decipher a sentence that contains "la" but I still don't know what it means :lol:

Ont: Caps lock is annoying as hell if used too much, like an entire post in caps just hurts my head... You can't deny that it is easier reading posts that use proper grammar rather than one with just caps.

Opeth666

Reaction score
Caps Or No Caps...doesn't bother me at all some people are just OCD when it comes to minor things in life. * Go go gadget Shit Shield!*

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
SHOUTING YELLING ANGRY !! FUUUUUCK!! ..
That's what anything in caps lock says to me (and probably most of the people on the internet), pisses me off.off.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I get a shouting voice in my head whenever I read all caps and also it makes it seem like the poster WANTS OUR ATTENTION REALLY BADLY LOL HAI GUYS LOOK AT ME. It's just internet courtesy. There are annoying things people do when you're talking to them face to face, like standing to close, talking really loudly for no reason etc, all caps is like the digital equivalent.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
People care too much about the smallest things.
Internets is not that much srsbsns, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')