All my favorite bands' latest releases suck hard...

• Thread starter Thep
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Or am I just be stubborn about these recent releases?

Nevermore: Obsidian Conspiracy -yes.......breaks my heart
Suffocation: Bloodoath - I don't even want to talk about this. Granted it is their only bad release EVER.
Immolation: Majesty and Decay - not bad, just tried so hard to get into it but cant
Gorgoroth: Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt- doesn't suck, but I find it really lacking. No fury, no beauty like when Gaahl was in.
Behemoth: Evangelion -overly dramatic, over played pile ov shit
Deicide: Till Death Do Us Part - GOD AWFUL. Bless their hearts.
Cannibal Corpse: Evisceration Plague -stale and generic and boring
Nile: Those whom the Gods Detest- same as Behemoth and CC...maybe I'm just growing out of Nile.

Others:
Vital Remains, Dimmu Borgir (they died after Death Cult to be fair), Linkin Park, Metallica, and others i'm missing that I cant think of right now.

On the plus side, Origin and Gorod did quite well :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
It sounds like you just set your expectations way too high. None of those bands are expected to make their best album because they already have.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you're being a little harsh on these releases. Granted none of them are really breathtaking masterpieces, but come on, what did you really expect from Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Deicide, or Immolation? I think their recent albums fit well in their respective catalogs, and it really isn't the worst they've ever released.

In the end, to each his own. I'm not saying your wrong. If you don't like it, you just don't like it. :yesway:

MSalonen

Reaction score
I can't speak to all of these bands, but as for a few...

Nevermore: I'm unaware of the full album being leaked. As for for what has been, I very much disagree.
Behemoth: I feel like they keep getting better and better with each release, and this is in my opinion the best one yet.
Cannibal Corpse: I don't understand how you can see this as generic and boring and not feel the same way about their previous work.

Maybe you're stubborn, or maybe you're just bored with the music (particularly with Behemoth/CC/Nile/etc.)

Inazone

Reaction score
I agree on Behemoth. Each of their albums has taken a few listens to grow on me, but Evangelion just isn't grabbing my attention. At all.

On the other hand, this might be my second-favorite Nile album after Annihilation of the Wicked. Each song stands on its own a bit better than in the past.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
You can't really expect Gorgoroth to be the Gorgoroth of the past 10 years. I'd look to Ov Hell if you're still looking for that sound.

ittoa666

Reaction score
Cannibal Corpse may be generic, but you can't say that they aren't brutal as fuck, and they kept on with the latest album:hbang:

If you think about it, it just sounds generic because they are an old band. Every technical death metal band wants to be CC, so the sound has gotten old. I really enjoyed EP, and listening to anything Rob Barrett writes is sweet.

ittoa666

Reaction score
I can't get into the new Behemoth either. Something about it just seems.....cookiecutter.

IDLE

Reaction score
Well first off The Obsidian Conspiracy isn't even out yet, but what I have heard from it sounds awesome. And second you're crazy about the Evangelion thing. I don't know what you are expecting haha??

ittoa666

Reaction score
Are you sure you mean cookiecutter?

Because I can't imagine anyone being serious about calling Evangelion "cookiecutter".

I couldn't think of the word I was looking for. Something about their newer stuff doesn't grab my attention. I can't get into it. Same with most of the songs on the apostasy.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Are you sure you mean cookiecutter?

Because I can't imagine anyone being serious about calling Evangelion "cookiecutter".

First time I've ever heard Behemoth called "overplayed" too.:scratch:

And of course Cannibal Corpse are generic. They just happen to play that particular genre better than ninety-five percent of everyone else on the planet.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I will not accept anyone bashing Niles new album, I think it is insanely good!
IMO of course :p

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm...

Nevermore: Obsidian Conspiracy - the album isn't even out yet? wtf.
Suffocation: Bloodoath - agreed.
Immolation: Majesty and Decay - haven't listened yet.
Gorgoroth: Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt- haven't listened yet.
Behemoth: Evangelion - I can't agree with this... the album is sweet, it's no Demigod for sure, but it's easily 10x better than apostacy.
Deicide: Till Death Do Us Part - I like the first track a lot actually, not much else about it though.
Cannibal Corpse: Evisceration Plague - it's cannibal corpse, kinda hard to be dissapointed with them.. it's a bit unispired I'd say, not that bad though.
Nile: Those whom the Gods Detest- This album is bad ass, I dunno what you're on about. It's not their best album, but it's far from bad... gotta love the mix too, if only they would redo all of their older albums to sound half as perfect as this disc. :yesway:

I'd have to say you're expectations are way too high.. these guys are human, can't always please everyone and even then who is saying all of the bands are pleased with the albums. Sometimes label's push for a release and just because you can't put lightening i a bottle on a moments notice doesn't mean they have the option to pull an Axl Rose and wait a decade or two to release an album when they think its "worthy" (though that didn't seem to help with them, lol).

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not 100% on Evangelion, but I do love Those Whom the Gods Detest and while Evisceration Plague is fairly standard Cannibal Corpse - it's still brutal and that's why people listen to them; for brutallity.

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
I agree with some stuff. Haven't heard Nevermore, Gorgoroth, Deicide, or Immolation enough to make an opinion.. but Suffocation, Nile, and Behemoth were disappointing. Cannibal Corpse was just a good solid album though.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
We're playing at Skillman on Sunday, bro. Come out so I can slap some sense into you :wub:

I really would, but I gotta study!

anyways,

I figured there would be alot of Evangelion fans...but I still hate it. Its seems like the formula for all the songs is big epic chord, then a weedle weedle lick, over blasting. They went a little overboard with the theatrics and lyrics if you ask me. I thought Apostasy had much more depth and character.

I probably agree that I set my expectations too high, but then again, these are my favorite bands for a reason. I can understand not having an album not as good as the previous, but for it to be horrible (in my ears) kills me!

You know whats next in line?....it starts with an N, and ends with ecrophagist...

Latest posts

')