All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Hmm regardless what happens to Jason with ASP, I look forward to ASP. I really enjoyed TPOE and there are plenty of good songs on there that pulled me into listening to them. ATD is a great album and shows a step up in songwriting / shredding and I would look forward to a mix of the two on the new album or something new and fresh \m/

They are amazing live and I've seen them twice... with Jason not Storey, and I like how he mixes up the solos and just doesn't copy previous ones. Every member of the band contributes. The bassist is awesome and the vocals were spot on both times I saw them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Though people think the songs came from Chris, they did not. Ben Orum was the main writing force (and has always been) behind ASP. It will sound just as good without him, Storey only wrote the solos and a very small portion of the riffs...

Yeah, I knew that... I'm just saying, I don't know for everyone else, but for me, it was Chris's solos that put ASP over the top from being a decent metal / death - core band to being one of my favorites to listen to, especially on ATD. What other band out there in this genre (or close to it) has this level of songwriting, musicianship, and awesome shred all in one song, let alone a whole album? ASP even says something to this effect themselves in the Bio section of their web page.

SPBY said:
Read one of my other posts, Chris wasn't a big part of the writing process (except for his solos of course)

But, IMO, that's everything that made it interesting.

Jason just quit all shall perish and joined born of orsiris, even says on his myspace

Wow, that seems so counter-productive. Quitting a creative, seemingly on-the-rise, awesome band for the AC/DC of metalcore (ie. every song sounds the same).

I wouldn't bet on it, especially if Ben is the one writing the majority of the tunes. There are just as competent lead players out there.

+1 to this, and a fair amount of them are more interesting to listen to.

Magero

Made of wax.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm totally cool with people liking ATD. I mean, it's not a "bad" album, I just think that after they went from HMR to TPOE, I was expecting this huge amazing epic masterpiece of deathcore, and I got a bunch of "dun dun... dun dun... WIDDLYWIDDLYWIDDLYWIDDLY" crap. Surprised Jason left, wonder what ASP will do... Doubt they'll break up, still got 4 of the original members.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
For me personally, Awaken the Dreamers was the first album from the deathcore genre I heard that made me realize I could take the genre seriously. I used to just assume deathcore was watered down death metal.
I heard ATD and my thoughts changed completely. Amazing musicianship and well written songs (IMO anyway).

Anyway, back on topic, I believe ASP to be a band committed to pushing themselves within the genre and doing new things, so I look forward to what they do with 8 strings.

Magero

Made of wax.
Reaction score
I don't even consider it deathcore tbh. Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation or whatever is about the only deathcore song on the album hahaha. But hey, that's not what we're here to discuss. I'm eager to see where they go without Jason and WITH 8-strings, but my hopes aren't too high anymore haha. Still, if it means they can tour Australia again so I can actually see them this time, I'm down for it.

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
i cant seem to find a website that tells me why he isn't with them anymore. all the websites I've tried didn't seem legitimate enough and i got 3 or 4 different answers from them. Serious answers only please i know this is old news but i just got back into them and i want to know what happened.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rumor is he's getting back with them, so I'm guessing it wasn't too serious of an issue.

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
thats awesome! but if it wasn't serious then why has it been like a year before he came back? The world will never know...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a million and one reasons why someone wouldn't be in a band, but still be on good terms. Perhaps it had to do with the stress of touring.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought it was because he wanted to expand ASP's musicality but they weren't having it. Again, that's what I thought.

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
Why would that be a reason to fire him? they could have just said no, and ended it there. or maybe he pushed that to much and they got sick of it? Again the world will never know...

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard it was because of personal issues with members of the band. I've also heard that all the members of the band (Chris included) can come off as complete assholes so that may have something to do with it :shrug:

That's true, thanks for the hope man! hopefully he does go back and this new douche bag can leave.

New douchebag?

The "new" guy is some 17 year old kid that now plays for Born of Osiris. He's really fucking good too:lol:

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
ahh yeah i didnt realize he was the new kid for boo, nevermind. i saw a similiarity in name but brushed it off. but honestly Matt Pantelis was awesome and i haven't seen much of this kid yet. hopefully more good can come out of this than bad

DJENTxCORE901

Banned!!!
Reaction score
Opinion: I don't like them. Just too generic. and the live show...
not good. Especially when they're on tour and getting shown up by after the burial.

8 strings? I'd like to see what they do. but I don't care really.

Sid_MH400NT

Reaction score
Hey man. Yeah, I heard about ASP using the 8's. The new album is gonna be sick! Also, for anyone who doesn't already know, Chris Storey WILL be with them on the next two tours, so make sure you guys see them on their way around. Chris is without doubt one of the best guitarists I've known, and ASP are coming to my town in September!!!! Oh yeah!!!! Also, I have lesson's with Chris, and I really recomend people to book with him, he definately knows his stuff fellas

Reaction score
Opinion: I don't like them. Just too generic. and the live show...
not good. Especially when they're on tour and getting shown up by after the burial.

8 strings? I'd like to see what they do. but I don't care really.

cool_story_bro.jpg

And I think All Shall Perish is anything but generic, but whatever.

Reaction score
I thought that TPOE was just plain brutal, it was a good album, good diversity throughout the songs, but they said in an interview that they're going for a different sound on every new album they make, which is why ATD had a different sound. I didn't think that ATD was boring by any means, and i could pick out each song, but to each his own.

Read one of my other posts, Chris wasn't a big part of the writing process (except for his solos of course)

Yeah, Jason changed up some of Chris's solos, he plays them right, he just didn't want to follow Chris exactly and wanted to show that he can play guitar well and not just follow someone else, is what i'd guess.

And, if i'm not mistaken i heard that they will be using Custom Sherman's :yesway:

I've read almost every news piece i can about them and seen a lot of video (including Stories From The Road), and Ben Orum is the writing genius, Chris wrote solos, and a few riffs from a few songs (granted he added some good stuff to the band), but Ben was still the main writer.

NOTE: PEOPLE, DON'T TURN THIS INTO A FIGHT OVER WHICH ALBUM IS BETTER. STATE YOUR OPINION, AND BE DONE WITH IT, DON'T ARGUE PLEASE.
I agree with your first statement, both are good in totally different ways. i personally favor ATD more but thats just me.

This is where you are truly truly wrong. everyone knows tabloids lie their ass off to make interesting stories, and giving Chris even more credit to make him seem that much of a betetr guitarist wouldnt be fun for them so they said Ben wrote the music, but really chris did. Even chris himself has told me this (numeruos time) and hates how Ben gets the credit.

I dont know anything about the 8's but itd be sick. but from what ive seen theyre gonna use 7's just as much as before.

my opinions (and facts) have been stated
:)

King Ian

Reaction score
All Shall Perish said:
Add our new guitarist Francesco Artusato! He is completely new to Facebook so please give him a warm welcome!

Pretty interesting guy. Very progy, should mix interestingly with the other musicians in ASP.

Francesco Artusato Music on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Francesco Artusato Web Site

I'm definitely looking forward to this new album if they can integrate the 8 strings well, and this guy?! This album could be INSANE!

')