All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
This guy is pretty good, no doubt, but this guy, and the last guy that replaced Chris Storey, Jason Richardson, made me realize why I always thought Chris was just such a sick guitarist.
Not only could he fucking shred like a bad muthafucker, but his vibrato was just fucking insane. His vibrato would always add so much fire and passion to his solos.
I saw the videos of Richardson play ASP stuff after Chris left and just wasn't the same.
Not because it wasn't Chris, but his vibrato just wasn't that great at all :shrug:
And this new guy, fuck yeah he can shred his ass off, but his style of vibrato just doesn't do it for me, just doesn't have that wide and super firey and intense style that Chris had.
I would just love it if they got Chris back on guitars :2c:

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
This guy is pretty good, no doubt, but this guy, and the last guy that replaced Chris Storey, Jason Richardson, made me realize why I always thought Chris was just such a sick guitarist.
Not only could he fucking shred like a bad muthafucker, but his vibrato was just fucking insane. His vibrato would always add so much fire and passion to his solos.
I saw the videos of Richardson play ASP stuff after Chris left and just wasn't the same.
Not because it wasn't Chris, but his vibrato just wasn't that great at all :shrug:
And this new guy, fuck yeah he can shred his ass off, but his style of vibrato just doesn't do it for me, just doesn't have that wide and super firey and intense style that Chris had.
I would just love it if they got Chris back on guitars :2c:

Same here man. I think that Storey seems like sometimes hes trying WAY too hard to be Rusty Cooley, but in general he is still an INCREDIBLE guitarist. When I saw ASP last year in Tampa, I was very dissapointed on how he played Storey's solos. There were parts where he skipped some stuff and other parts where it looked like he couldnt play it at all :(.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually don't think Storey is that similar to Cooley.
Yeah he plays just as fast when he wants too and takes some influence from Rusty, but I think he (Chris) has vastly better note choice, better phrasing and his vibrato is way more controlled compared to Rusty's vibrato which at times is great and other times just isn't on the money.

Reaction score
Yeah, you can definitely tell that Chris was taught by and takes influence from Rusty, but he's definitely got better phrasing, note selection, vibrato and sense of melody. The thing that really worries me is that they've got a new drummer too and are going through members like crazy. With such an influx of new members, it makes me wonder if they can maintain their head and shoulders lead above the other bands of their genre. I adore this band, and it would really make me sad if they were to fold like a lawnchair.

Reaction score
Yeah, you can definitely tell that Chris was taught by and takes influence from Rusty, but he's definitely got better phrasing, note selection, vibrato and sense of melody. The thing that really worries me is that they've got a new drummer too and are going through members like crazy. With such an influx of new members, it makes me wonder if they can maintain their head and shoulders lead above the other bands of their genre. I adore this band, and it would really make me sad if they were to fold like a lawnchair.

I think it's pretty safe to say that no matter who they have, their new music is going to be way different, considering that Chris wrote the majority of their material.

7thdimension

Reaction score
hmmm i dunno, i think itll be a good, a new guitarist or any other member for that matter always brings a new voice to a band. It just sucks when they alter what made you fall in love with them from the start. But chris storey wasnt all shall perish. I agree with all of you that he was DISGUSTING with a guitar, but all of A.S.P's members are talented as hell and im sure are ready to kill on the next album.

XxXPete

Reaction score
This guys stuff sounds killer!...Not to take away from CHRIS S..Since he's a bro of mine here in VEGAS!

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score

The new drummer bit is what scares me most. You can't listen to There is No Business to be Done on a Dead Planet and tell me just anyone could write that shit.

I freakin' loved the dude's style. :(

Sean Babiniec

Reaction score
This guy sounds pretty good!

From what I heard is that Chris Storey was kinda a jerk and ASP couldn't really stand him anymore. You can be great at guitar but if nobody likes you it is hard to be in a band. I know right after ASP he asked a few guitarist if they wanted to play in a band with him (including my teacher).

Sometimes humility and teamwork really is more important that having one great player in your band.

Please anybody correct me if I am wrong.

xiphoscesar

Reaction score
This guy sounds pretty good!

From what I heard is that Chris Storey was kinda a jerk and ASP couldn't really stand him anymore. You can be great at guitar but if nobody likes you it is hard to be in a band. I know right after ASP he asked a few guitarist if they wanted to play in a band with him (including my teacher).

Sometimes humility and teamwork really is more important that having one great player in your band.

Please anybody correct me if I am wrong.

i heard quite the opposite, i remeber chris saying that the guys in ASP treated him badly and was getting someone behind his back

Sean Babiniec

Reaction score
i heard quite the opposite, i remeber chris saying that the guys in ASP treated him badly and was getting someone behind his back

Yeah I could be wrong. There is probably a lot of he said she said stuff going on. Either way he shreds but this new guy has a style of his own as well.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I would just love it if they got Chris back on guitars

I agree with you there that it'd be awesome to see him back in the band, he's a great player, an awesome guy and a really good teacher. I took lessons from him for a few months via skype but had to quit due to lack of funds. I remember the first time I saw ASP when they were support for Job For A Cowboy on their headlining tour, I met up with Chris and he hung out with me and my friends and had a few beers before it was time for him to go backstage and warm up and even after their set he came out and thanked us for coming out to the show and hanging out... like I said really awesome guy.

Sean Babiniec

Reaction score
I agree with you there that it'd be awesome to see him back in the band, he's a great player, an awesome guy and a really good teacher. I took lessons from him for a few months via skype but had to quit due to lack of funds. I remember the first time I saw ASP when they were support for Job For A Cowboy on their headlining tour, I met up with Chris and he hung out with me and my friends and had a few beers before it was time for him to go backstage and warm up and even after their set he came out and thanked us for coming out to the show and hanging out... like I said really awesome guy.

Thats really good to hear. Guess my sources were incorrect :)

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Thats really good to hear. Guess my sources were incorrect

Yeah man I also forgot to mention is that that's the tour they did when Luke Jaeger from Sleep Terror filled in for Ben Orum and him and Chris did a shred off on stage... it was totally fucking awesome. I can also say that I've seen ASP with Jason on guitar (last summer when they toured with August Burns Red) and eventhough they put on a great show is that it just didn't feel or sound the same without Chris. I also don't know if you've checked out his new project with Sean Swafford called Smashface with Lorenzo Antonucci (formely of Sworn Enemy) on vocals... pretty good stuff minus Lorenzo's vocals which I'm not a fan of.

AusTexCap

Reaction score
Who knows what Ibanez Francesco from ASP is using on the Summer Slaughter tour? Looks like a 7 string rg2ex1 (black, fully bound, fixed bridge, etc) but I can't figure out what model it actually is.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
RGA7?
IBANEZ%20RGA7BK%202010%20Model%207-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

RG7EXFX?
HRG7E.gif

AusTexCap

Reaction score
RGA7 looks correct. I can't remember if it was flat or arched though.

')