All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
8 strings... seriously? I would've thought the bangwagon was full by now.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad that the instrument is being treated with legitimacy, if it gets the same recognition that 7 strings get I will be a happy man.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
8 strings... seriously? I would've thought the bangwagon was full by now.

Sarcasm aside, I'm glad that the instrument is being treated with legitimacy, if it gets the same recognition that 7 strings get I will be a happy man.

It looks like they are trying to use all 8 strings and aren't just using the low string(s). It also seems that with this song they've gone for a simpler, "less is more" feel cutting out a lot of the wankery, also the solo section was pretty nice and still had that All Shall Perish feel to it.

Lasik124

Reaction score
Ill just say it before anyone else does. But I miss Chris.
I'm honestly less interested in this album since he wrote most of the last.
I'll however still check it out of course, but my expectations aren't high.
Guess we shall see

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ill just say it before anyone else does. But I miss Chris.
I'm honestly less interested in this album since he wrote most of the last.
I'll however still check it out of course, but my expectations aren't high.
Guess we shall see

While I agree that Chris Storey was a quite the creative and driving force of the band is that I'm not going to count out Francesco (the new guy), he seems to know his stuff and the band obviously feels that he's the right man for the job and I'm just as eager to hear what he can do as I would be if Chris was still in the band.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
The lead section was cool, but the rest of it kinda bored me :shrug: I'll still be checking this out regardless.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
The lead section was cool, but the rest of it kinda bored me :shrug: I'll still be checking this out regardless.

Keep in mind that this is a Pre-Production video so the song isn't complete so that may be the reason it sounds kinda "meh" right now.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
That may be true and all (and I do hope that this song, as well as the others, are as kick ass as Awaken the Dreamers) but I'm really just not a fan of the riffing. In this specific clip anyway.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
That may be true and all (and I do hope that this song, as well as the others, are as kick ass as Awaken the Dreamers) but I'm really just not a fan of the riffing. In this specific clip anyway.

I agree that the riffing in this clip was kinda "meh" but I'm not going to base an opinion on how I think the new album is going to sound from what I've seen/heard in this clip.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Why does he have to be part of a bandwagon because he's using an 8? God forbid 8s get more popular and become more widely available. :rolleyes:

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Why does he have to be part of a bandwagon because he's using an 8? God forbid 8s get more popular and become more widely available. :rolleyes:

According to the band is that this song is 1 of 5 that will feature an 8 string on the new album.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
According to the band is that this song is 1 of 5 that will feature an 8 string on the new album.

Yeah, I read that. I don't understand why everyone pigeonholes those who are starting to venture into 8s as "trendy", though. I think it's awesome that bands as commercial as ASP, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, etc. use 8s. This way kids see them and have more of a demand for them. This way companies will push to have more extended range guitars.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

Read my post again please :)

If your point still stands then read on...

A lot of Deathcore bands have started using 8 strings. Whitechapel, The Acacia Strain, Suicide Silence, Ion Dissonance (not really Deathcore but Minus The Herd was kind of Deathcore), War From A Harlot's Mouth and now All Shall Perish...

That's all I can think of right now, but it's definitely become a trend that more and more bands are picking up on. Please, by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but this is textbook bandwagoning. The bands that I can think of that haven't done it (yet) are Emmure, Despised Icon, Oceano, Winds of Plague and a few others that people would probably argue aren't Deathcore, so it's fair to say that a lot of bands within Deathcore have started using 8 strings.

Like I said in my post though, the first sentence was meant sarcastically (the context I used was about 50% serious) and I then went on to say that I advocate the use of 8 strings as regardless of how it gets recognition, a new (bone pick if you like) and exciting instrument is being treated with legitimacy, which gets two thumbs up from me :yesway: :yesway:

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
... are Emmure, Despised..

Emmure have 8 String Songs on their new album, sorry to supply more bandwaggoning!

ad threadum: sick, totally different and yet somehow familiar, i will definately give the album a fair chance although im a bit of a chris storey whore, i really dig his playing

ad bandwaggonigum: i think this is a typical thing of "stepping it up", you always have to step up something to be able to stand out of the crowd, first it was the downtuned 7s for the sinister sounding chords and breakdowns (whitechapel) then after the burial came... i really do not see meshuggah as an equally big influence on downtunecore than ATB, and for example job for a cowboy tuned back up to D standard and they stepped up their songwriting and speed.... i think its not so much bandwaggoning as natural progression, AND i think ben orum has bin listed as 2228 player on the ibanez page for years

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Whether it be 6, 7, or 8 strings I'll still check it out and probably enjoy it. If they keep a forward progression going from album to album then I'm sure this album will definitely deliver, also I'm sure they'll do the 8 string justice.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
All Shall Perish along with Darkest Hour just aren't the same anymore without there old guitarists. I just can't get into it as much. Chances are I'll enjoy this album, but not to the extent I would if Chris were playing on it.

Not to saying there new guitarist isnt as technically good ( which I know he is, dude shreds.) I just loved his style.

')