All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

otop

Reaction score
Im looking forward to this album, although what ever happened to riffs sounding heavy in standard tuning. Seems to me like all these bands are making up for the lack of creativity with lower tunings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of ASP really but I enjoyed the track for what it was (pre production, no bass etc) so I will keep an ear out for it...

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
All Shall Perish along with Darkest Hour just aren't the same anymore without there old guitarists. I just can't get into it as much. Chances are I'll enjoy this album, but not to the extent I would if Chris were playing on it.

Not to saying there new guitarist isnt as technically good ( which I know he is, dude shreds.) I just loved his style.

I was thinking the same thing.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't see why bands are starting to catch shit for using 8's. They're getting cheaper, more brands are making them, etc. Just how it works. At one point, 7's were in the same position.

Reaction score
The bands that I can think of that haven't done it (yet) are... Despised Icon

It's sad to say but DI is dead man :(
They wont be using 8's ever. Nor 7's. Hell they stuck with 6's and are as deathcore as they come.

Regardless of Chris being gone from ASP and being the driving force of the last album, I'm still excited to see what the new ASP lineup has to offer.
I can get enough Chris playing for my ears when Smashface comes around with their ful length (And when Chris gives me more mixed songs to listen to :) )

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
It's sad to say but DI is dead man :(
They wont be using 8's ever. Nor 7's. Hell they stuck with 6's and are as deathcore as they come.

Regardless of Chris being gone from ASP and being the driving force of the last album, I'm still excited to see what the new ASP lineup has to offer.
I can get enough Chris playing for my ears when Smashface comes around with their ful length (And when Chris gives me more mixed songs to listen to :) )

I am sad that DI is no more, I loved those guys but at least I can say that I had the pleasure of seeing them twice before they called it quits.

Reaction score
I am sad that DI is no more, I loved those guys but at least I can say that I had the pleasure of seeing them twice before they called it quits.

I saw em once. Last stop in my area before they broke up. It was like.. 3rd to last show in the US too. Fuckign amazing live.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC!

I watched this vid again last night. Most of the guitar work seems rather simple besides the leads which i cant really hear all that well. Either way there's not much to judge until the album drops.

Reaction score
They said this album was going to be more like their old stuff..... simpler and "more heavy"..... I don't think I'm going to like it anywhere near as much as Awaken the Dreamers...

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be closer to "The Price Of Existence", I love that album.

Reaction score
I cant even describe how much i dislike this
they need insane solos!!..well at-least more of them

thats the whole reason i listend to the band..

i never cared for ASP when they where playing songs from herding the brainwashed

and i am sure its safe to say that allot of ppl didn't discover them till eradication

so why would they backtrack to primitive death-core

when they should be trying to upstage there work on awaken the dreamers

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I cant even describe how much i dislike this
they need insane solos!!..well at-least more of them

thats the whole reason i listend to the band..

i never cared for ASP when they where playing songs from herding the brainwashed

and i am sure its safe to say that allot of ppl didn't discover them till eradication

so why would they backtrack to primitive death-core

when they should be trying to upstage there work on awaken the dreamers

I seriously doubt they are going to backtrack that far into their catalog seeing as how they've progressed in big ways from album to album. My interpretation of them "making it simpler" is that the arrangements themselves will be a little less complicated and easier to follow, while still having awesome fills, leads and solos.

')