All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
What Rob said...this whole album is a good wrap up of what they've done as a band and then a little more. Fans won't be disappointed...

rotebass

Reaction score
Reminds me of my favorite era of ASP:

+1

I kept thinking about how much it sounds like a return to the TPOE sound rather than the sound they had on ATD, which is a great album but definitely a lot slower and more melodically focused than other releases.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
Saw these guys live last friday with kataklysm and abysmal dawn. I met and had a chat with the guys from abysmal and the bassist of all shall perish after the show. Great show

I Voyager

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed. I don't consider myself a deathcore fan, but I like the stuff I've heard from ASP and feel that they are leagues above their peers. I just feel that the breakdowns in this new one are a little lame and too simplistic. I like some breakdowns, especially the ones ASP do, but the kind of breakdowns in this song are the kind that usually make me cringe. They are too good of a band to be doing that wigger slam stuff. Still a good track besides that, though.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed. I don't consider myself a deathcore fan, but I like the stuff I've heard from ASP and feel that they are leagues above their peers. I just feel that the breakdowns in this new one are a little lame and too simplistic. I like some breakdowns, especially the ones ASP do, but the kind of breakdowns in this song are the kind that usually make me cringe. They are too good of a band to be doing that wigger slam stuff. Still a good track besides that, though.

As harsh as it sounds, this. I'm a huge supporter of this band, but I've never been a "core" guy. Still not the worst stuff I've heard, however. I just was expecting more sporadic music seeing as their last album was extremely polished in that sense.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
Yeah same here, when I saw them live that was the first time giving myself a listen. They have top notch playing and aren't full of generic breedowns. Also who is the guitarist.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I didn't have high expectations for the new album, but this track has made me excite!

Quite heavy :metal:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I'm a huge ASP fan, but this song just isn't doing much for me. I don't really see anything that separates this from more generic stuff. I'm hoping that this isn't the highlight of the album.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
sorta_want.jpg

Ultimate Cop-out Mini Review by Someone Who's Opinion Matters Very Little;

Not bad, not mind blowing, but all around solid effort. Interested to see what the rest of the album holds.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
the album is very good. A good "return to form" album for these guys :) Can't wait till everyone hears the black metal song:evil:

They did a black metal song? I really want to hear that!

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
Uh, this isn't even slightly "wigger slam", or else I'd probably like it. :scratch:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dayyyyum, this is freakin' sick:hbang:
This band represents everything that I DO like about what is possible with deathcore.
They take a very tech-death approach with a lot of their riffing and rhythmic parts, also incorporate some melodeath type sounds, and when they do enter a breakdown, it's just extremely groovy and never feels like a breakdown for the sake of it.
And the icing on the cake is the absolutely sick lead guitar they have going on.
They're definitely still at the top of the (non prog) deathcore bands for me:metal:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Dayyyyum, this is freakin' sick:hbang:
This band represents everything that I DO like about what is possible with deathcore.
They take a very tech-death approach with a lot of their riffing and rhythmic parts, also incorporate some melodeath type sounds, and when they do enter a breakdown, it's just extremely groovy and never feels like a breakdown for the sake of it.
And the icing on the cake is the absolutely sick lead guitar they have going on.
They're definitely still at the top of the (non prog) deathcore bands for me:metal:

:agreed:

')