All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

fallenz3ro

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with Sleep Terror? I thought they did a guitar world thing together.

Seems like I actually got something right, from a bulletin Luke Jager posted:
In some Sleep Terror news (thank god for any of that, right?),

I've been getting some emails about rumors of Chris Storey (ex-All Shall Perish) joining us on 2nd guitar. Well, it isn't 100% but I will say Chris has got about 4 or 5 songs learned and is working himself into the ground to get it tight and is getting used to this style quickly. On the last ASP tour he sat in the back of the van and backstage everynight practicing himself into a coma with these songs and he's really determined and doing better than any guitarist we've seen attempt learn or play this shit. So, in short.. hopefully that clears up the rumor thing of that. It's a working progress and we'll see what becomes. Me and Dave will be getting in the studio in May/june, more details on that soon.

- Luke

:hbang:

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely the best show I've been to in a long time. ASP was ridiculous, great interaction with the crowd. They vocalist even let some drunk guy that hopped on stage take over vocals for part of a song and poked fun at him while he was up there:lol:. The new guitarist is fucking amazing as well. Great tone, and phrasing. He seemed to have no trouble with any of Chris' parts:yesway:

Conducting from the Grave was the highlight of the night for me. I've never seen anyone look as happy on stage as the guitar players from that band. Awesome performance and the best band to come out of northern California imo. If you have a chance to check these guys out do it:metal:

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's good to hear the new ASP guitarist is ripping:metal:
Sounds like it was an awesome gig man.

Reaction score
Chris and I have been best friends for years and he will get back on his feet soon enough. He has told me several options of what he can do but no reason to let any of those cats out of the bag until they become more solidified. I am glad he quite ASP, I still love the band but from what he has told me, they treated him like garbage and gave him no respect, he wrote a good 75 percent of awaken the dreamers as well so we will see where their sound goes for the next album.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what his next step will be.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it looks like Luke let the cat out of the bag.

Nick

Reaction score
no doubt theyl be on it 2

we should have some propperly recorded tracks up soon as my drummers new recording studio is 2/3s of the way built now. The walls were finished last week :woot:.

im pretty excited about this as i really enjoy a bit of ASP especially the new album.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
congrats! :)

did i mention that we will be supporting ATHEIST in vienna? :D

')