All Shall Perish Appreciation Thread

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
The tapping part at the intro sounds a bit off, other than that it sounds fine to me. Well done! :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Good effort man!
I love that guitar solo, definitely not the typical "feel" solo. Has this awesome, strange "paranoid" feel about it that I love.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I commented. Sick playing.

"Amazing. Perfect technique.There are a few things off though. The intro is an all diminished pattern (all minor 3rds) as opposed to some sort of whole tone thing. And the sweeps are 3 string sweeps, completely palm muted.
But like I said, amazing."

I can't play it, but I was a student of Storey. That's how he does it.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
I like it :agreed: as always something can be better, but overall it's well done, no doubts :agreed:

Tyrant

Reaction score
Very cool man. All I know is that I could never do this and never will be able to so cudos to you ;)

TravisMontgomery

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I commented. Sick playing.

"Amazing. Perfect technique.There are a few things off though. The intro is an all diminished pattern (all minor 3rds) as opposed to some sort of whole tone thing. And the sweeps are 3 string sweeps, completely palm muted.
But like I said, amazing."

I can't play it, but I was a student of Storey. That's how he does it.
I don't know any theory so that the minor 3rd thing doesn't really make much sense haha. Would you be able to tab those two parts out please?

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
B: 12-15-18-21

That's what I mean by minor 3rds apart. So, the beginning tapping section is
12-15-18-21 on the B, E, A, D, G and E strings, but on the high B string it is
13-16-19-22. Of course though, the tuning is Drop B, I just used standard tuning to show the respective strings easier.

The sweeps are tricky because the only finger you move is your 4th. The rest of your fingers stay in place. To keep the strings from ringing, Chris palm mutes the sweep really hard.

TravisMontgomery

Reaction score
B: 12-15-18-21

That's what I mean by minor 3rds apart. So, the beginning tapping section is
12-15-18-21 on the B, E, A, D, G and E strings, but on the high B string it is
13-16-19-22. Of course though, the tuning is Drop B, I just used standard tuning to show the respective strings easier.

The sweeps are tricky because the only finger you move is your 4th. The rest of your fingers stay in place. To keep the strings from ringing, Chris palm mutes the sweep really hard.

Thanks man!

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
That was awesome!

I will seriously pay you if you could tab that for me. If not he whole thing maybe just the last quick part.

I also posted a while ago about wanting the balck gold reign solo tabbed. Mine is close but after watching Jasons video on youtube he's playin the string skipped arpeggio part different. Is anyone able to help with the tabs?

I don't have a webcam so I can't upload a video but any help would be awesome!

TravisMontgomery

Reaction score
That was awesome!

I will seriously pay you if you could tab that for me. If not he whole thing maybe just the last quick part.

I also posted a while ago about wanting the balck gold reign solo tabbed. Mine is close but after watching Jasons video on youtube he's playin the string skipped arpeggio part different. Is anyone able to help with the tabs?

I don't have a webcam so I can't upload a video but any help would be awesome!

I made a thread in the "Theory" section for All Shall Perish tabs and nobody responded. I was looking for a Black Gold Reign and Awaken The Dreamers solo tab.

The note groupings in the first run isn't correct. I also tried to make the sweep part into 3 string sweeps, but the rhythm of it sounds a bit off to me.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/VGlmRFFRcG9KV09Ga1E9PQ

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
I made a thread in the "Theory" section for All Shall Perish tabs and nobody responded. I was looking for a Black Gold Reign and Awaken The Dreamers solo tab.

The note groupings in the first run isn't correct. I also tried to make the sweep part into 3 string sweeps, but the rhythm of it sounds a bit off to me.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution

Thanks for the tab. Appreciate it so much.

I've been struggling with the Black Gold Reign solo for a while. I don't know if you have seen the video (link below) but it's how i figured out most of it. I just can't seem to get the last fast part to sound right. I'll tab what I have and i'll post it up.

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
C'mon SS.Org can someone have a crack at some of the runs in the Black Gold Reign Solo above?

I will pay!!

Its the first minor 3rd skipping section and the the last run that I just can't seem to get sounding right.

Anyone?

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Dude, you're a monster! I've been a fan for quite some time! Threat Signal is THE SHIT!

')