Allan Holdsworth owns your soul...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Holdsworth is a fuk'n alien! I'm listening to his Secrets album. What a freak. Check out Jimmy Bruno sometime,,,he's a freak 7 string jazz player from hell!

~A

Maniacal

Reaction score
If I was bent I'd probably spend my days stalking Holdsworth and trying to convince him that he should marry me. :bowdown:

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
He makes me feel like such an ass! Look what that bastard does with one pickup and 22 frets! (at least for this era Holdsworth)

I've got ERG's a-plenty. I refuse to buy a guitar without 24 frets anymore. My KxK is supposed to have 27 frets....I'm such an asshole. I cant come up with shit 0.00001% as cool / complex as what this guy pulls out his brain on the fly with those chord changes and time signatures.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Holdsworth....what a player. My favourite album is 16 Men of Tain. Everything about that album is perfect.

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
<cheap cider fuelled metal n00b kid>"this guy's completely ripped of meshuggah, man"</ignorant brat>

i deserve a medal for having actually heard that said, first hand, and not lapsing into "prepare thyself for cement" mode.

H

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
<cheap cider fuelled metal n00b kid>"this guy's completely ripped of meshuggah, man"</ignorant brat>

i deserve a medal for having actually heard that said, first hand, and not lapsing into "prepare thyself for cement" mode.

H

This gives me an idea for another thread...:idea:

Direct thine eyes to 'General Music'...

TaronKeim

Fiend
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone who holds their pick like Benson can play so damn smooth and fast!

Holdsworth is a genius. Anyone heard his Gong material? Cracked, but brilliant.

_TJK*

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
^ :agreed: one of the other teachers where I work had a chance to meet him and shake hands with him - he says Allan's hands are absolutely huge.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, that's a 25.5" scale?

I thought Paul Gilbert and Buckethead had big hands. :squint:

Well, I'm kind of hitting myself for saying this, but that isn't TOO bad. At least he's hearing the Holdsworth influence in Freddy T's playing. :shrug: He's way off on the chronology though.

Luan

Reaction score
ok, so now playing outside or whatever is an invention of allan.

')