Almost There... Bubinga, Black Limba, and Rosewood anyone?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My KxK Sii-7ex should be shipping soon, it's in the home stretch :woot:

Sii7EX15.jpg

Sii7EX16.jpg

Sii7EX17.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Holy shit is that tasty, and not far off from a wood combo I'm considering using. I'd love to know how that sounds. Which pickups are going in?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a set of covered BKP Mules... oh and the limba body is chambered. This particular guitar will probably spend most of its time doing cleans on the neck pup ;)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great looking axe, man! I can't stop staring at the little knot in the neck though, it's bugging me!

It's not a knot, it's a white spot in the ebony's coloring. I could have had it dyed, but since it's an oil finish the dye would rub off eventually anyways so I told him not to bother.

Welcome to life with real ebony, sometimes the color is not uniform :lol: (that and since I selected and bought the wood pieces and the ebony was jet black until it was carved down I didn't feel like scrapping IIRC $400 worth of wood to start over)

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Honestly, wtf is wrong with you people, I just woke up and my eyes can't stand so much class and awesomeness yet. :D

This is so beautifull!!! Gratz on it!!! :D Clipz, plz.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man. dat wood.
That's really unique looking.
Loving that rosewood!

And I agree! Clips when it arrives! Especially cleans, I bet that's where that thing will really sing :)

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
When I saw that wood combo I literally whent ''OOOOEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH''. Great choice on the Mules by the way, the full bodied sound of that rosewood with some airyness from the chambered limba should make for incredible cleans.

celticelk

Reaction score
+1 for clips - I'm really interested in hearing how the Mules respond down below the standard 6-string range. And congrats - it's a beauty!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this. Not sure if I'll be able to get clips up as I'm not set up for recording since I sold my Axe-Fx rig, but I'll see what I can do.

When I saw that wood combo I literally whent ''OOOOEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH''. Great choice on the Mules by the way, the full bodied sound of that rosewood with some airyness from the chambered limba should make for incredible cleans.

That's what I was going for :D I'm hoping it works out to a rich balanced sound between the rosewood, ebony, and bubinga as the top is pretty thick and a solid slab. Should give it some nice warmth but with clarity and nice attack :yesway:

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Yea, that Bubinga is gonna add quite some attack to it. Great choice of woods, record some if you get the chance when it arrives!

EDIT: Is it a 5 piece rosewood neck or are those ebony laminates?