Alright. So I am thoroughly happy w/ this guitar....

• Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
The RG1527. What feels like to me coming home. Stock pickups? Come on, it's Ibanez. Of course I will be changing them out eventually. But actually, these pups slay the Carvin pickups.

anyway, the neck is awesome, 5 piece walnut maple. No more scarf joint, the walnut runs all the way through.

The trem stays in tune wonderfully, and the action is amazing. I love this guitar. What is cool is that I have an RG421 in royal blue, which is what this is. So it's like the big, deep voiced, kick-you-in-the-nuts brother.

Having owned a 2004 1527, a Carvin, a JS2000 (which I still have) and now this 1527, I do believe IBZ has kicked it up a notch, in build quality. This instrument is every bit as nice as the Carvin, and certainly better than the last 1527, as strange as that may sound.

On an important note, Drum City Guitar Land, specifically Jason, is awesome. Awesome set up. Included. T-Shirt, picks, stickers, catalogs, etc. all thrown in.

Jason must have thought he was sending this guitar through some land mine fields on its way from Colorado to AZ, because this thing was packed well enough to be sent FedEx Air.....and dropped from the plane!

I will DEFINITELY be buying from him again. It's good to know there are awesome alternatives to Wal-Mart, er I mean Guitar Center (same thing, right?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Revolution777

Reaction score
Is it really that good?
I'm trying to decide what 7 I want to get over the Summer.
I was starting to sway towards the RG1527 but was still unsure.
Thanx!
I think I know what I'll be gettin'.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Revolution777 said:
Is it really that good?
I'm trying to decide what 7 I want to get over the Summer.
I was starting to sway towards the RG1527 but was still unsure.
Thanx!
I think I know what I'll be gettin'.

Yeah, I think it's fantastic. I am unsure as to what pickups I'll be putting in there, but for the time being, teh stock ones are fine. They seem different then the V7/V8 they used to use.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's cool. If I ever find myself buying a new seven that they have in stock, expect to hear from me, bro, so I can hit you up for that guy's direct number. I hope he works on commission, the guys who actually put the effort in totally deserve it. :yesway:

*ahem* pictures?

Revolution777

Reaction score
How much did you get it for?
I here they go for around $600 or $700...
not bad for a Prestige model RG.
Although, I'm not too fond of the Royal Blue finish.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I never played a 1527 and Im quite content with my 7620 but Im wondering how the sound and playability is compared to the 7620. The royal Blue is kind of a nice color IMO. :)

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
good to hear you're back on Ibanez turf, and loving it :)

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I am getting my UV in about a week and a half. After that, I'm saving up for a 1527 (selling one or two of my guitars to get some cash...maybe). I just love their look and i've played a 7620 and if it plays like it then i'll be very happy. Plus, it's japan made and a Prestige.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Revolution777 said:
How much did you get it for?
I here they go for around $600 or $700...
not bad for a Prestige model RG.
Although, I'm not too fond of the Royal Blue finish.

$725, including setup, t-shirt, stickers, picks, "J-Craft" case (really nice, btw). I had last years Cosmic Blue, and RB is definitely nicer, IMO.

Drew said:
*ahem* pictures?

working on it bro. I am redesigning my website, so it might be a day or two. I am streamlining it using universal templates and css, so when I make a change to one, it effects all pages using that template and css.

Jason actually doesn't work on commission; he's one of the owners. the company was started by his father back in 1965.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey what the hell guys!!! Support the ss.org sponsors!!! :)

I sell these all day for $700 with all the goodies as well as the full setup including shipping and PayPal fees!! C'mon, scroll doooowwwnnn....
I
I
I
I
I
V

:yesway:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Hey what the hell guys!!! Support the ss.org sponsors!!! :)

I sell these all day for $700 with all the goodies as well as the full setup including shipping and PayPal fees!! C'mon, scroll doooowwwnnn....
I
I
I
I
I
V

:yesway:

Yeah, I remember who ya are, bro. You're the one that offered me way less for my first one on Ebay, so you could turn around and sell it to make a profit. :D

BTW, this is the new 2005 model I got for $725, not a NOS 2004. The 2005's really are better, especially the 5 piece neck.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, you're not local any more, are ya! :) Plus, that's my job and EBay is where the biz is sometimes.

Yea, I have an 04 but I have 6 more new 2005s coming next week as well. People like the old CB color better in general and these 04s don't come around very often. It's probably the last NOS I'll see of these.

I like the necks on the new ones a bit better as well as the smaller inlays but I think any quality difference is perception. What about them is it that makes you say they're better? With overall quality I see no differences at all and I have had quite a few of each though here.

As far as playing differences compared to the 7620s, I find that when they are both setup properly that there isn't much difference. The necks are a bit nicer feeling maybe and the Edge Pro has a different feel which comes down to a matter of taste. I prefer the Edge Pro so I like the 1527s a hair more.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
Well, you're not local any more, are ya! :) Plus, that's my job and EBay is where the biz is sometimes.

Yea, I have an 04 but I have 6 more new 2005s coming next week as well. People like the old CB color better in general and these 04s don't come around very often. It's probably the last NOS I'll see of these.

I like the necks on the new ones a bit better as well as the smaller inlays but I think any quality difference is perception. What about them is it that makes you say they're better? With overall quality I see no differences at all and I have had quite a few of each though here.

As far as playing differences compared to the 7620s, I find that when they are both setup properly that there isn't much difference. The necks are a bit nicer feeling maybe and the Edge Pro has a different feel which comes down to a matter of taste. I prefer the Edge Pro so I like the 1527s a hair more.

No scarfed joint on the 2005's.....the walnut runs all the way through to the end of the headstock. I think that's better construction.

The fit and finish seems to be nicer overall as well.

jtm45

Reaction score
Congratulations 'Polaris 20'.Very nice guitar indeed :yesway: .

I think the Royal Blue is far nicer than the old Cosmic Blue personally. Gotta' love those new necks as well. I love the two Walnut stripes.

Glad you're pleased with it and hope you have much fun with it :shred: .

7-request

Reaction score
its nice guitar, damn nice hardcase,... anyone sell it??

how come i didnt get that case, i bought 1527 for 730 USD too???

i'll send email to hoshino japan, that local distributor here cheated, stole my hardcase,... :( :(

')