Alternative Pickup Switch Wirings?

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
I'm just curious, does anyone have suggestions for alternative wirings for lever/blade switches? I'm swapping a 5-way blade with a 3-way blade, and was kind of wondering how many alternative wirings could be done for the center position. I'm hoping it's maybe possible to do neck parallel there? I've seldom found both humbuckers in series sounded appealing to me. The pickups in it will be two SD humbuckers, so I'm flexible.

This comes to mind because of the way the PRS DW CE24 5-way blade is wired, which is definitely different than what everyone else does stock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Check out guitarelectronics. They have metric tons of wiring diagrams. SD also has a lot of diagrams showing different ways to run the pickups.

An alternative if you don't want to use a 5 way switch or minitoggles, is you can grab some tripleshot rings and then you have access to series/parallel and north/south coil splits for any 4 conductor pickup. I have that with a 3 way switch in one of my guitars.

gclef

Reaction score
There is a 4 pole 3 way oak grigsby available. You can do just about anything with that.

Freeway does a tele 3/6 way switch that is super high quality and useful. You can get all 3 humbucker sounds on 1 bank, and a slight shift will get you all 3 split coil sounds.
I have one in my strat. It's works well and is easy to wire.

Dimarzio has a bunch of super switch schematics for 5ways. You could take what you need from a few of those to get what you want.

I used to be all about 1 switch giving me all my sounds, but since I got my emgs, I prefer to split each humbucker on its own. This way, I can get neck bucker with bridge single or vice versa. I like these sounds

')