Alternatives to Maxon OD808?

• Thread starter starbelly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrspacecat

Reaction score
Something that I recently got that is pretty versatile is the Kartakou Warmer. It's an 808 clone with some pretty cool mods. There is a bass boost option when the TS takes some low end away to push the mids. It is also modular, making it easy to swap out op amp chips to experiment with different sounds. As I said, it's pretty versatile, depending on what chip you decide to use. It's also got some really cool LED lights on it. The build quality's good, too.
It's made by a guy from Belarus, so it can take some time to ship overseas if you order from him directly.
Here's some information from his site:
Kartakou - Warmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
I'm really digging the EHX East River Drive right now. Could be something to try out. Dirt cheap on the used market.

I checked it out and really liked the clips, then I saw the EHX Soul Food boost and holy crap :shred: I really like that one. Why's there gotta be so many choices :lol:

Alex79

Reaction score
Like others I find that there isn't too much between these pedals tonally when you're using them as a boost...

... BUT noise levels can be quite different. I think that might be a reason some pedals are more popular than others, some might use noisier components than others. Unfortunately, you still cannot simply assume "more expensive" = "less noise".

Latest posts

')