Am I a bad puppy (LP GAS content)

• Thread starter Racerdeth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The elitist epi's were actually quite nice, IIRC...

that finish is fr00t, though. Not in a particularly bad way.. not that I ever cared much for Twisted Sister, either.. :lol:

Racerdeth

Reaction score
Oh I'm not a mad Twisted Sister fan but a pinkburst LP....... I might well be in love.

Can't find them for love nor money, however.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I actually played one of the "Customs" in white, about 3 years back. I don't remember much of how it felt, but I know they are definitely better than your typical epiphone, feel wise...

Racerdeth

Reaction score
I did some reading up on mylespaul.com last night and many of the folk on there rate them alongside several gibbos (and some of the spec is actually better!)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Try the guitar. If you like it, buy it/keep it.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard they're basically as good or better than a Gibson, the major difference being the finish is poly rather than nitro, the "plus" tops are veneers and the Customs have rosewood instead of ebony fretboards. They're also not chambered or weight relieved, something you won't find on any non-custom shop Gibson.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I've played a few of them (know a guy who owns six of them :lol:) a lot, and I'd definitely say better than your standard Gibson. They feel great, seemed to be a lot more consistent, and the stock pickups seem more than good enough. MIJ FTW :yesway:

Kabstract

Flamenco is cool
Reaction score
I went to a pawnshop that had an black EPI Elitist and an Alden (Zematitis ripoff) LP shape. Both were for sale at $350 after taxes. I only was able to test the clean tones, but I liked the Alden's tone A LOT more, and it looked nicer, played better, and was a little thinner in the body. The Alden was much fuller sounding, and the EPI just kind of meh.

The EPI was very disappointing, aside from build quality perhaps. Note, I had no prior knowledge about Elitist series, I never even knew they existed until I played that one.

')