Am I Crazy?

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I got a 7-string at the beginning of the year and now want to get rid of all of these...

DSCN2531.JPG

I don't think it's just a novelty since I've owned 2 other 7-strings in past years but didn't really feel like using them at the time.

Anyone else do something similar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't you hate how you can't stand up RRs like normal guitars? It's frustrating :lol:

troyguitar

Reaction score
haha, that is my beater guitar

It's an old beat to hell RR-EX body which had the neck pocket enlarged to accommodate a 24-fret neck.

The "finish" is a big cool holographic type sticker from an arts & crafts store and hot pink duct tape from Target for the bevels/accents. Total cost: $8 :lol:

When the weather warms up I'm going to do the headstock to match the body and spray some clear on it. It looks amazing from 5+ feet away - perfect stage guitar!

before:

DSCN2294.JPG

after:

DSCN2297.JPG

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
about a year and a half ago i started playing the 7 string again. I dont think i will play 6 strings anymore. Unless it is an acoustic or something.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Yes, you are crazy due to the sheer gorgeousness of that left hand Jackson (there's something so inherently beauitful regarding its simplicity).

But I do see your point - seven strings just open up so much more possibilities.

sixty

Reaction score
lol. There is quite an urge to get rid of the six after getting your seven. I kept one of my six'ers for comfort reasons in some of my songs and the skinniness helps when I want to thumb chords.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see the point in selling off all your 6's. I sold both 7's ive owned because they just did not offer what my sixes did. And when you pick up a different guitar, the way you play it changes. what you write changes, you approach it differently.

generally, I suggest this: Don't sell what you don't have to sell.

DSilence

Reaction score
Yeah I went back to a 6 string at band practice for the first time & I felt really un natural & un co-ordinated, Worrying about putting my fingers in the wrong place. Made a few mistakes too thinking I had an extra string.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Yeah I went back to a 6 string at band practice for the first time & I felt really un natural & un co-ordinated, Worrying about putting my fingers in the wrong place. Made a few mistakes too thinking I had an extra string.

So true...
I cant play my 6 anymore... its so... weird :nuts:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel sad for you guys - i could switch between my LP and my C-7 and my tokai and my C-7 and my LP and my DC727

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
I can play 6 strings but I feel like I'm missing a finger or something. :noway:

Reaction score
well, I had givin up playing my beautiful gibson les paul, for quite some time, but I was just breaking in the new 7 you know, but yeah they have been dropped down the pecking order, but they are not forgotten. ;)

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
I don't really treat them any different. they're guitars, they don't have to all be 100% perfect or homogenous. I like the feel of my 520 better then my 7321 sometimes and vice versa at other times. sometimes I reach for the seventh string on the 520 and sometimes I reach for the trem bar on the 7321 :lol:

If one guitar suits your needs, then get rid of the others. But if you think any of them have something to offer you still then keep them.

DSilence

Reaction score
Im hoping to come to terms with it as I just ordered a new 6 string & cant wait to play it.

')