Am i doing anything interesting or..

• Thread starter Lost of All Reason
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
Most of us probably are pretty familiar with production sickness. You hear so much of the same thing you sort of lose a grip on what your even creating and how you feel about it. Ive been doing some thinking about my style and I'm trying to ask myself if what I do has its own sound. I'm curious if some of my stuff reminds anyone of any bands or if anyone thinks they hear distinct influences in my work. Check my soundcloud in my Sig. Thanks for the feedback folks. Share your stuff with me too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger

Reaction score
From what I heard on the first three tracks, no, not particularly interesting/unique to me. But if you are enjoying doing it and its not forced, then does it matter? Im not sure why else you'd make music. :)

Lost of All Reason

I lyka to pleh
Reaction score
Thanks for the response tiger. So it sounds pretty generic to you? Does it remind you of anything in particular? I guess I'm not asking whether or not I'm shattering the mold so to speak but more curious what people would compare it to. Like "if you like so and so, you might like some of my stuff." Or do you even like it at all? I will say I love doing it, because its fun, your right about that beinq the right reason to make music.:agreed: I guess I'm curious where my stuff might lay in the field of genera? I just try to make metal without ripping meshugga or abusing silly riffs using 3rds harmonies. I mix a hint of black and a bit of death and then there's parts where I have no idea where it came from. And I try to keep it progressing. I understand these are basic concepts but at the end of a song, where does the "sound" of things sit or what's it similar to? Cuz I'm immune to those perceptions I hear it so much.

Selfish righteous is a long song but I feel like it covers a lot of ground. The soft edge's second half I really dig but what does it sound like? Black metal cuz of the strings? Not really.. at least I dont think.. so rather than genre I'm wondering what it reminds people of I guess

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
The only thing on that page for which there was any vestige of a hummable, recognizable melody was "Breathe." To me, the rest just sounded like a mishmash of backing track stuff which didn't build, and didn't even feel related.

I'm old-fashioned though. If I can't give another person an idea of what a song or instrumental piece is like without sounding like Beavis or Butthead describing an endlessly meandering guitar riff, I know that piece still has a ways to go....

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Looking at your music for what it is overall rather than for it's individual parts you're not breaking the mold so to speak. While there are some tinges of other genres that shine through if anything it sounds like black metal influenced metalcore.

makeitreign

on dem hoes
Reaction score
I only listened to the first four, but other than Breathe, nothing really caught my attention. It all kind of sounds like you just threw a few irrelevant riffs together.

You sound like I did 6 months ago, man. (Not musically, I mean in your OP.)
You need inspiration.

')