Am I the only one here who loves Bring Me the Horizon?

• Thread starter slenderman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
Don't care much about this band.

But pissing on the girl who rejected you? Who does that???
Even my friend's mentally incapable brother don't do that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
I agree partly.

It might hurt my enjoyment of the music in some way but I still don't usually let it.

A lot of musicians I listen to have opinions that are directly opposite to mine but as long as they aren't force fed through the music (and sometimes even if it is) it doesn't really affect me.

I agree with this sentiment, the most obvious example being Burzum. Yeah Varg's a nutcase, but his music (the old stuff anyway) is still fantastic. Early Metallica comes to mind as well.

Breakdown

Reaction score
Nah I love BMTH, been a fan since 8th grade and Im looking forward to their next CD. But, I HATE olis fan girls, they make their shows intolerable.

traditional

Reaction score
I think Oli's a pretentious douchebag, but There Is A Hell.. was one of my favourite albums when it came out. To me, the inclusion of Jona made it such a better album too. Not to mention, Oli had some really mature moments lyrically on that album.
Suicide Season was an Architects cover album, and Count Your Blessings I could never get in to. The most recent album, however, was just ace. Loved it.

darkinners

my fingers are lame
Reaction score
The man sounds like a dying animal anyway. Hard to enjoy the music or think about the dude. :fawk:

Exactly my thought, I like Megadeth's riff work but can't stand Dave's voice.
I always though he totally sound like a duck squeak

DanakinSkywalker

Reaction score
I'm a pretty young guy. Lee Malia's and Curtis Ward's guitar work on Count Your Blessings really got me into playing faster, heavier music, as well as learning semi-difficult solos and alternate picking. I wouldn't say I am much of a fan nowadays, but they definitely were an influence on my early development as a player.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Pretty much. After Dave Mustaine made those shitty comments in the passed year, it's quite a bit harder to enjoy Megadeth, IMO. :ugh:

I still can, because they wrote/write good music and BMTH don't, really.

Dave Mustaine isn't a great singer, but he's a metric shitload better than Oli Sykes. Dave says a lot of stupid shit, but I get the impression that he's fundamentally a decent guy who just has some pretty out-there views which I really don't agree with. But I don't think I could sit in a room with Oli without having to fight the urge to fucking lamp him. Disgusting man. I mean come on... who pisses on people for kicks when they won't suck him off?

Seriously, my regard for Oli Sykes is down there with Ronnie Radke. He's a piece of shit.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
To me, in regards to the urinating incident. I have always held metal guys in higher regards to your typical pop/radio rock guys. Mainly for reasons that metal guys, while being more brash with their lyrics & riffs, seem to be more decent people. 'As a rule, not all around of course'. But especially in today's more tech/prog metal acts, guys can just sit after shows for hours & talk gear & riffs. So when I hear about something like this, I say that this guy is a dude who didn't have the chops to be in a band like Nickelback/other radio-rockers where they can bring another human being on a tour bus & perform vile acts to degrade them for hours. That sort of crap is inane & immature. This lowers the quality of all metal in my opinion. Dude needs to make a sober public apology to the fans & his band members I feel which should start out something like 'Sorry for cheapening metal & for letting my ego get so big that I actually forgot that once this band goes away I am literally unemployable, no people skills & no talent & no one really cares about who I am or where I have been. Thank you for your time'.
-Brent

wwjfd

Banned
Reaction score
Oh good god! this is why i hardly ever visit this stupid ass site (and i'll probably get banned just for saying that) obviously one of you have ever met oliver or the matts or lee, those dudes are so chill and every single album they write is different and amazing in it's own way, and i'm 37 years old, met those dudes and they are nice and very humble and take a lot of shit on stage and keep playing, rob from machinehead said they were the tuffest ............s he has ever met. you dudes on this site get off to but rock dream theater that couldn't write catchy good lyrics to save thier life and whitechaple that's just a burash of nonsense and trying to sound like deathcore dillinger on a 7 string. each album BMTH releases is better and more mature than the last and they sound amazing live now that they are older, ofcourse they sounded like shit at first. this forum has to have the worst taste and opnions about music than any other forum, and no member from BMTH came from money, get your facts straight and i would rather see a picture of sykes posing than all of you guy's stupid NGD's holding a knife to the un-opened carboard box. get a ....ing clue. i thought this forum sucked, now i realy know that it sucks. so just wait for a MOD to get all butt hurt and this message will disapear, just like most of your music careers that never happened:agreed::lol:

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I'm a big BMTH fan love how they're music has been constantly "evolving" and making the transition from deathcore to a more electronic post rock and still sounding good

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh good god! this is why i hardly ever visit this stupid ass site (and i'll probably get banned just for saying that) obviously one of you have ever met oliver or the matts or lee, those dudes are so chill and every single album they write is different and amazing in it's own way, and i'm 37 years old, met those dudes and they are nice and very humble and take a lot of shit on stage and keep playing, rob from machinehead said they were the tuffest ............s he has ever met. you dudes on this site get off to but rock dream theater that couldn't write catchy good lyrics to save thier life and whitechaple that's just a burash of nonsense and trying to sound like deathcore dillinger on a 7 string. each album BMTH releases is better and more mature than the last and they sound amazing live now that they are older, ofcourse they sounded like shit at first. this forum has to have the worst taste and opnions about music than any other forum, and no member from BMTH came from money, get your facts straight and i would rather see a picture of sykes posing than all of you guy's stupid NGD's holding a knife to the un-opened carboard box. get a ....ing clue. i thought this forum sucked, now i realy know that it sucks. so just wait for a MOD to get all butt hurt and this message will disapear, just like most of your music careers that never happened:agreed::lol:

This isn't disappearing. Its going to be a lasting monument to going batshit over useless Internet bs.

Bravo.

inb4: You create a half dozen troll accounts to prove how adult/correct you are and/or to call me a "faggot". :lol:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
It's bands like Bring Me the Horizon that make me sad that someone put August Burns Red in the same genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')