Am I the only one here who loves Bring Me the Horizon?

• Thread starter slenderman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel

Reaction score
i was really into them when they came out with their first EP and CD "count your blessings" came out but that was when i was a freshman. i haven't really heard much after that out of sheer lack of interest. i don't respect or support the band's actions by any means but i could care less about the music.

from what i read, he did urinate into a plastic bottle and saw on a youtube video that he began to pour it onto the fans at a show.

also, they start the most shit with the crowd more than any other band that i've seen.

not trying to deter you from liking them, just putting my two cents in.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Well, if a young lady desires to be urinated on, power to her. This does not seem to have been the case here, so he is therefore an asshole. I also found it pretty funny when Limp Bizkit came up:lol:
Many musicians will not work with them after such charming gigs as Woodstock -99.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I loved Count Your Blessings when it came out. I thought they did a good job of incorporating a bit of a thrashy, speedy feel into the deathcore that was coming out around that period. Looking back, their tone on that album was abysmal, Oli's voice largely annoying, and the lyrics repulsively juvenile. I still jam it, but now it's for the nostalgia. I can't really defend them as being great by any musical standards. :lol:

Everything since then has gotten even worse, believe it or not. Production went up, yeah, but everything else just went to a bottom I did not know or believe existed.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I loved Count Your Blessings when it came out. I thought they did a good job of incorporating a bit of a thrashy, speedy feel into the deathcore that was coming out around that period. Looking back, their tone on that album was abysmal, Oli's voice largely annoying, and the lyrics repulsively juvenile. I still jam it, but now it's for the nostalgia. I can't really defend them as being great by any musical standards. :lol:

Everything since then has gotten even worse, believe it or not. Production went up, yeah, but everything else just went to a bottom I did not know or believe existed.

i feel like they really took on a whole Bury Your Dead sound with their bouncy breakdown parts in the newer material they released. i actually enjoyed the fact that they were thrashy back then.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i like them too. last album was sweet, and suicide season had some HUGE riffs. new one has me stoked too

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Seriously, am I?
It seems that just about everyone on this forum fucking hates them, I think they're awesome as hell.
Their latest two albums were ace and some of my favorite metal albums to come out, although I really don't liek their first EP or album.
I can definitely see how Oli (vocalist) would turn people away, but come on, why should that matter?
Lee Malia writes amazing songs and is a really good guitarist, with AMAZING tone. I think overall they are really innovative and are a breath of fresh air, especially in that genre.

I can't be the only one who thinks this, can I?

tumblr_m9e0r08C381qlf2y4.gif

In all seriousness, I do enjoy them. They're definitely not anywhere near like my top 100 favorite bands, but I enjoyed their last two efforts quite a bit. My only gripe was that when I went to go see ADTR live for the first time, they were opening and Oli sang for practically 10% of the set, and that 10% was incredibly underwhelming.

So me and my friends went to go have a hot dog and a drink while their set ended.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Wont lie, I like them somewhat still. I listened to them in middle school, so 8 years ago but havent like much of what they've put out recently. However maybe the new album coming out will change my opinion

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
*the first 2 albums are ace the rest....is just :poop:

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
I have never and will never enjoyed them, or the majority of their fanbase/demographic, but to each their own. Probably just a stylistic difference, as I don't like 90% of (insert descriptor)-core stuff.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
I liked suicide season. didnt like anything before that and havnt listened to them in about a yr.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Just you and randy. Didnt their frontman pee on some underage girl or something?

Wait...

That's frowned upon? :ugh:

:lol: But seriously, i was into them when i like deathcore a lot. Black&Blue is a killer song. Suicide Season (The song) is really emotional and sad when you read the lyrics.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Singer seems like sort of a weiner. The music is not half bad at all, but just when I see all those photoshoots where he has fake blood in his mouth & looks like he is clinging to life I say 'meh...lame & cliche'.
-Brent

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
My friend showed me "pray for plagues" in '07 and at the time I was REALLY trying to learn pinch harmonics, and I just found that awesome for that xD

Modest

nuke dropping
Reaction score
i hate to say it.. but yea, i like most of their stuff.
there is a lot of atmosphere and emotion in what they make.
So i cannot hate them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')