Am I the only person...

• Thread starter C2Aye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
This thread is so much better w/ pics... :agreed:

There was a lot of maple boardage in those last two posts. :yum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
This thread is so much better w/ pics... :agreed:

There was a lot of maple boardage in those last two posts. :yum:

I've edited my first post to encourage the posting of pics. Rep to you my friend for suggesting it!

And maple boardage ftw!

IMG_0411.jpg

Reaction score
^^ Those are some beautiful Strats posted above me! :drool:
I love Fender Strats and Teles, but especially Strats.. I've always lusted over the Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, and Eric Clapton models!

Hosenbugler

Untilted
Reaction score
I absolutely adore Strats, they're my favourite kind of guitar.

They've got the comfort, playability, versatility and the ease of customisation, but what I like the most about Strats is the unmistakable 'Strat' sound. You can take any Strat- style SSS guitar, with the same pickups even, and it won't sound like a Strat.

The Strat is also, without a doubt, the most influential and innovative guitar design in history.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score

Awesome. I love the massive scratch at the bottom too. I've got two massive dents in the bottom of mine. No Strat is complete without body damage of some sort :hbang:

^^ Those are some beautiful Strats posted above me! :drool:
I love Fender Strats and Teles, but especially Strats.. I've always lusted over the Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, and Eric Clapton models!

I love Eric Johnson's tone but I kind of get the feeling that it isn't useful in any music except his own :lol:

I absolutely adore Strats, they're my favourite kind of guitar.

They've got the comfort, playability, versatility and the ease of customisation, but what I like the most about Strats is the unmistakable 'Strat' sound. You can take any Strat- style SSS guitar, with the same pickups even, and it won't sound like a Strat.

The Strat is also, without a doubt, the most influential and innovative guitar design in history.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I like Fender I have two strats, a Japan made HM strat and a vintage style tricked out frankenstrat.
Not to impressed with the run of the mill Fenders I`ve seen custom shop strats with sloppy neck joints and other things not acceptable.Most Am. Standards on the wall are pretty dull sounding.That being said when you do find one that really sings nothing else can touch it.They have a vibe all there own.I don`t view strats in general as the best for metal.
newstratcompleted011.jpg

My mate has a Strat exactly like this!

And I agree that while new Strats can seem bog standard, sometimes you just come across one that just, I don't know, sings. It's like love at first strum. Happened to me you know :lol:

Knossos

Tone Douche
Reaction score
Personally, Strats feel and sound too 'clinical' to my ears, I find the necks invasive and don't like single-coils with alder, particularly in the bridge.

Love teles though, characterful and unfussy.

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
I have an an American standard made in the early 90's. It was a gift from my dad. He bought it used for $500 or so. It has the swimming pool cut out. I definitely see this as a positive point, it gives it a slight semihollow tone while still still holding together for metal. I removed the middle pickup and routed the pickguard for a humbucker. That guitar was my only guitar for years, from when I was 14 until I was 20. The polyester finishes don't wear well like the old nitro finishes so I sanded it down and painted it flat black. That opened up the tone even more.

I love the clean sound from the single coil in the neck. That is what keeps me coming back to the instrument.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I love strats.
Especially my MIJ I bought in Japan in 1995, no idea when it was made exactly.
EMGs are an upgrade, trem is an OFR Type 2 (Supposedly lower quality, well it has served well for 15 years...). The rosewood wasn't as dark originally but aged well. :)
Besides, a Maiden fan can't say strats aren't metal.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score

This is your Wine Coloured MIM Strat? It's fantastic! Gives me memories of my first wine MIM strat, albeit with less fancy pickups and scratchplate. Are those Lace Sensors (do EMG even do those?) or something else?

I love strats.
Especially my MIJ I bought in Japan in 1995, no idea when it was made exactly.
EMGs are an upgrade, trem is an OFR Type 2. The rosewood wasn't as dark originally but aged well. :)
Besides, a Maiden fan can't say strats aren't metal.

That is a beastly bear of a Strat and I can imagine it being amazing fun to play!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
That is a beastly bear of a Strat and I can imagine it being amazing fun to play!
Yup, it's been my main gigging guitar when I was more active by then, it's never let me down, it's full of dings now but I wouldn't sell it, it has too many memories tied to it now.

Here's a bonus pic from the neck, I played the hell out of it. :lol:
If I ever take the road again I'll likely take it, I'll just have to change the Floyd who is seriously corroded now.

NecroSamist

Necrophagist fanboy
Reaction score
AHH! dammit i need to get some pics of my strat on here!! I recently put a Warmoth neck on it and completely new hardware, pickups, everything. Only thing original is the body/paint.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
This is your Wine Coloured MIM Strat? It's fantastic! Gives me memories of my first wine MIM strat, albeit with less fancy pickups and scratchplate. Are those Lace Sensors (do EMG even do those?) or something else?

Those are actually Dragonfire pickups. The electronics are an exact EMG Gilmore ripoff. It had the crazy active tone knob and push pull boost. Really the most brutal sounding guitar i have ever owned. :lol:

')