Am I the only person...

• Thread starter C2Aye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Fine, since we're posting pics now(didn't want to clutter the thread, but :fawk:)...
webDSCF0120.jpg

webDSCF0095.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
I love Strats! I looked long and hard to find the perfect one for me that could really get a lot of great useable different tones and play great.

So I settled on an American Deluxe Ash. But being the way I am mods were needed......

First was
The stock S1 switching was ok but it wasnt quite what I was after. I really wanted noise free single coil sized pickups that can go from Humbucker chunk to quacky vintage Strat or Tele tone. so after trying different pickups for a while I settled on a Dimarzio Tone Zone Single in the bridge a Dimarzio Area 67 in the middle and a Dimarzio Cruiser in the neck. The Volume pot was up graded to a 500K and the tones were replaced with No-Loads and I thru in a .22 tone cap on each pot to control the tone when rolled off.

I also am a BIG fan of scalloped fretboards. So I had Dean from DC Custom Guitars do it for me. He did an amazing job. Really outstanding work. Its at least as good as the Fender YJMs.

Then I had a Mega Mass Brass Block made from Killer Guitar Components make me a block to replace the stock steel one. This made a MASSIVE difference! More sustain,harmonics,volume increased acoustically. Really a great mod that was worth the money.

Next up was the stock springs. I swapped them out for a set of the Raw Vintage Springs. They add more sustain and volume and a slight bit of reverb to the tone acoustically. Very subtle but very cool.

Last was the Nut and saddles were upgraded to Graphtech.

So Im super happy with my Strat. I love everything about it. It stays in tune great and sounds great. It can go from super clean to metal and do it all well.

So yeah Im a fan of Strats.

Pics of my Strat.........

View attachment 16532

View attachment 16531

View attachment 16530

Jinogalpa

ESP fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome. I love the massive scratch at the bottom too. I've got two massive dents in the bottom of mine. No Strat is complete without body damage of some sort :hbang:

jup :agreed:, especially if you feel the wood grain at the neck and the paint is cracked because of the nitrocellulose finishes.
They become living individuals :scratch:

ohh Toshiro's 3-Tone HSS is sick :metal:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
My turn!

31808_107308282646664_100001024779471_59555_7395921_n.jpg

31808_107309589313200_100001024779471_59574_6904648_n.jpg

Even if the price difference are miles apart, they both play beautifully (of course the Charvel wins). One day I'll build myself a HSH Strat with 21 frets and Wilkinson bridge. Like this...

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Man I wish I bonded with Charvels, my mate has one, and they are absolutely fantastic, for the money it's hard to find a new guitar that stands up to them! I just can't get myself wanting one, if I did, I'd have any I could find.

Typical Strats on the other hand, I love.
I bought a friend's old "Magnum" strat as a project guitar, which still isn't finished, and I've never played since beginning restoring, but I still love dearly.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I played Strats forever back when I started. I've owned many, and I still use nothing but SuperStrat guitars (after all, what's a Soloist?)

Sometimes a good Strat just works. I played a killer G&L Tribute the other day just to remind me of that. :yesway:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
You know, when I started this thread I only really had Fender Strats in mind but having seen some of the Charvels, it's really opened my eyes to some awesome new guitars. I looked G&L up too and they look like excellent guitars.

Now to just play and hear one!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
You know, when I started this thread I only really had Fender Strats in mind but having seen some of the Charvels, it's really opened my eyes to some awesome new guitars. I looked G&L up too and they look like excellent guitars.

Now to just play and hear one!

don't forget Suhr. :yesway:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I have an American Deluxe Stratocaster and I can't fault it. Although I can see gripes with Fender. Like stopping production of Japanese Fender guitars. I've played some of those old 80's Japanese strats and they are amazing. Maybe Fender US was afraid of being upstaged? I don't know. I still love my strat.

Indeed they were afraid of being upstaged. In the late 1970s under new managemnt, Fender quality was slipping. Fender Japan's instruments were considered incredible, so Fender Japan supplied the US and world markets during the 80s while Fender US set to working out what made the Japanese instruments so good and how they could copy that. In the late 80s, Fender US resumed production for the US and world market, complete with higher prices and the easier sell of a "US built" instrument. Fender Japan, still regarded as being better than Fender US, was set back to Japanese domestic market production only so as not to compete with the Fender US guitars. Fender Japan guitars have been purchased in the west as grey imports for years, and from what I have gathered, they are even better than currently excellent Fender US instruments.

As such, when I saw this going for a good price, I jumped on it...

IMG_1886.jpg

2005/6 Crafted in Japan Fender YJM strat :D

And here is a Fender Mexican strat I had a long time ago, which was good but not a patch on a the CIJ YJM.

DSCN0502.jpg
[/IMG]

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never been very fond of Fender guitars, although I have played my friend's American Deluxe, and it's just felt so great every single time... But this... This thread... Reading all this, seeing all the pictures, and realizing how many possibilities one has with a Strat (as far as modifications go), has got me GASing for one pretty badly!

You lucky bastards, you...:realmad:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
don't forget Suhr. :yesway:

And Tom Andersons. And some Japanese ESPs and Schecters. Very nice quality Strats and super Strats alike. :yesway:

EDIT: Whoever gave me the JDA Rep, :yesway: :D. I'm the biggest JDA fan here and I've grown a massive love affair with Strats since You started to use them during post Arcadia stuff. Kinda makes me regret not buying that Japanese Strat from Ishibahi for $400 AUD. :(

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I LOVE strats. The only guitar I've ever kept is my strat. I think the standard neck carve is the most comfortable out of any shape ever.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Oh, and definitely, do not forget Suhr - their stuff is outrageously amazing. The S1 through S6's are amongst the best strats ever.

')