Amp instantly blows main fuse when switched out of standby

• Thread starter Moloch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moloch

Reaction score
I have a Bugera (I know...) 6260 infinium that has been working just fine until last week when I switched it out of standby, I strummed a chord and it was extremely distorted, in a bad way and blew the fuse. I then pulled all the output tubes and replaced them with the tubes from my Trirec and just got a new fuse today and this time as soon as I switched it out of standby it blew the main fuse.
Any ideas on what it could be before I take it to the shop and have a repair bill that's more than what I paid for the amp?
Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ihunda

Reaction score
What's the status of the infinium leds at the back of the amp?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
When the original tubes blew it may well have taken out some of the power section stuff as well, I'd advise you take it into a tech. If the fuse is blowing even with new valves, then that's because something else is wrong. it should just be (hopefully) a resistor or two, which should be easy to sort out.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Do they monitor the tubes in standby mode?
in standby the only power going to the tubes is the heaters, your problem is when the HT voltage goes across the power/pre section and something is causing a lot of power to get sucked through (faulty component or a short).

Whatever it is, unless you really know your stuff and have worked on high voltage amps before is to take it to a tech.

')