Amp noise

totalnewb

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it needs to go elsewhere let me know and I'll re-post it there and remove this ( if I can figure out how).

I recently got a B.C. Rich Stealth ( Chuck Schuldiner tribute)

And my room is knd of small so I sit near the amp ( not outside of a 10-12 foot radius) and with it I get some feedback when playing certain things - like the beginning of beethoven's 5th.

The notes will continue to ring out a little ( I assume) because it stops when I mute all the strings.

It isn't like a normal note ring which is why I am asking this, it just seems more like a sort of feedback, but I am not sure why I am getting it or how I can cut down on it as I haven't had this issue before with other guitars. Help please?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Walk around the room and face all different directions relative to the amp. Generally speaking, if the pickup(s) are facing towards the amp, you'll feed back a lot easier, and if you stand facing away from the speakers and/or out of the line of the speaker's projection, it will be easier to tame. You should also try doing a wrap of electrical tape around the strings behind the nut to keep them from ringing when you mute.

Another option (on top of the ones above) is to use a noise gate/supressor between the guitar and the amp.

hamster

Reaction score
your BC Rich Stealth Chuck Schuldiner has probably a Dimarzio X2N, which is a very high output passive pickup : 510mV
Try to find a good compromise between your sound and feedback, using the volume knob.

')