Amp Settings Database

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Justice and black era. I Have a dual recto and engl fireball also have many explorers and jh-3 all with emg 81/60 and papa het sets

matt-in-mn

Reaction score
I am just curious what people are running on the V3's for settings.. and wondering if anyone is using 6l6 PT's.. Thanks... Matt

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

karjim

Set the World Afire
Reaction score
LANEY VH100R Customized: Modern Prog Metal
Talking "o'clock"
Channel 2,
Laney Drive Boost "off" ("on" for solos)
Presence: 2'30
Bass 12' 00
Mids 1' 00
Treble 9'00
Gain 2' 30
Volume 10' 00

Ibanez TS9 in front ( drive 0, level and tone 9)
MXR M108 eq in the Drive Loop ( big scoop on the 60hz and 16kHZ, little scoop 450Hz, boost 125Hz and 2kHz
Mesa Recto 2x12 cab V30
Ibby 7620 (EMG81-7-707)

Here comes the Ironstuck :evil:

1968 Charger B5

Reaction score
My current lead on my fryette ul
Gain 1 o'clock
Bass 1
Mid 3
Treb 2
Shift engaged
Boost engaged
Equalizer in v shape...high on ends

MBMoreno

Reaction score
I am just curious what people are running on the V3's for settings.. and wondering if anyone is using 6l6 PT's.. Thanks... Matt
I use EL34 Power Tubes. Tried both and liked this better. I can get the sound a bit more rounded, and less nasally sounding with them for some reason (which contradicts the preconception of 6l6s vs EL34s.

Master section:
Master - as high as tolerable
Boost - as needed for solos and the like (for all 3 channels)
Bright - 12:00
Mid Cut - 07:00 (almost zero)
Deep - 01:00

Channel 1 - Djenty Djent and Lead:
EQX off and Intense Mode
Presence - just over 12:00
Treble - the same
Mid - just over 01:00
Bass - 01:00
Drive - 02:00
Volume to match the other channels (all same volume)

Channel 2 - Marshally/Voxy low gain overdrive:
EQX off and Normal Mode (middle position between Intense and Thick)
Presence - just under 01:00
Treble - the same
Mid - just over 03:00
Bass - just under 02:00
Drive - just over 10:00
Volume to match the other channels

Clean Channel (channel 3) - Fendery clean (great with pedals):
EQX off and Soak Mode
Presence - 12:00
Treble - 02:00
Mid - 02:00
Bass - just under 12:00
Drive - 10:00ish
Volume to matched the other channels

I also use various drive pedals on all 3 channels for further versatility. I like to think that I have an amp with 10 or so channels

ofu

Reaction score
First post, so hi. I've got an amp settings/recording question, sorry if it's in the wrong thread.

Here it is - as a bass player i've ended playing the guitar in a 4-piece grindcore band and we are going in studio for some recording. I'm not familiar with the amp there (playing on a marshall 8100 at the moment) - a dual rectifier with mesa 4x12 v30 cab, so i decided to ask you for some advice about the tone i'm looking for.

So, the guitars are Schecter Damien Elite 6 with emgs and stoc ibanez rga32 as a backup. I'm looking for the sound of bands like Insect Warfare, PLF, Kill The Client - oldschool and raw. I'll point Insect Warfare's World Extermination as refference. The bass chain is Warwick Thumb 4 strings - Ampeg SVT 3 Pro - Ampeg 4x10 cab and maybe ODB distortion. Tuning is standart C.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Been diggin' my 5150 lately, again lol

Lead channel:
Pre gain : 4.5
Low : 6.5
Mid: 2
High: 5
Post gain: 3-4
Resonance: 4
Presence: 6

No boost, no extra bs, just straight up, crunchy metal gain for days. Roll the volume almost all the way off on the neck pickup and you have instant clean tone with no channel tap dancing. I also run an NS-2 in the loop for the preamp fizz, so its dead quiet :shred:

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
Guys.
How can I djent with a Fender Frontman? Seriously, is just can't find the right EQ...like, never.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Just found a nasty tone that i'm now in love with haha

i wanted to share it with my SSO bros :)

Lead Channel
Pre Gain : 6.5
Bass: 8
Mid: 5
High: 8
Resonance: 10
Presence: 8

These settings with my rig sound like a meaner JCM800 or JVM410H with an overdrive pedal maxed out, but with less harshness and more thump. Oh, and it cuts in a mix like a champ! :agreed: My guitar is loaded with DiMarzio D Activators and my cab is loaded with Eminence Governors. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do! :shred::shred::shred:

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
This is an amp that got a lot of criticism when it came out but a set of JJ tubes is really all it needs to fix every issue these have stock. I use KT77s and really dig the tone and versatility i get. I also swapped the stock Wharfedale drivers for an Eminence Cannabis Rex and V128GB which sound really good with it.

Channel 1 is like glass! Shimery and defined with Vox sweetness and clarity. Moderate EQ settings with a slight mid boost. reverb and tone cut to taste.

Channel 2 is thick and ballsy British Roar, dime out all the controls, set reverb to taste, and i have the channel volume rolled back to about the same volume level as the clean. Fat switch engaged, bright pulled out because i don't have a tone knob on my guitars and that keeps it from getting shrill. everything you love about a cranked Marshall is right here, you wouldn't think so but it can get BRUTAL!

Channel 3: I run the Bogner Red into the clean channel for a modern high gain. The variac is engaged as it keeps everything around the same volume, but the boost volume is set pretty high to push a lead out front. I use the B2 EQ shape, tight mode, and 20th anniversary structure. The mids here are slightly scooped just to prevent the "more of the same" effect.

A touch of delay in the loop really makes it sound a lot bigger. It really starts to sing once you get the master to at least half way, but it's LOUD! Very affordable and very versatile rig.

Vinny530

Reaction score
Pretty similar to others here: tight cutting metal tone.

Peavey 6505+ on lead channel
Pre-3
low-5
mid-3
high-6
res-8.5
pres-8
post-3.5

this is with a maxon od808 up front with OD at 10 o'clock, tone at 10 o'clock, balance at 3 o'clock. DISCLAIMER: must use two noise gates, one on input and one in FX loop.

use with valveking 4x12 with V30s

Doulton

Reaction score
Long shot here, but does anyone have any decent settings for a Stagg 212? This thing is killin me here.

marshallH

Wears Guitar Too Low
Reaction score
Jet city jca20h
Modern metal
(What I used for the recording in my signature)

Gain: 6 (you may have to put it at about 8 since my invader pup adds a lot of gain)
Bass: 8
Middle: 4 1/2
Treble: 6
Presence: 5 1/2

Numbers are notches on amp, not clock

pablod

Reaction score
Peavey 5150 II

Metal Tone: Lead Channel without OD and NOS preamp valves

Pre: 5
Bass: 7
Middle: 3
Treble : 5
Resonance: 7
Presence: 8

Cleans: I put a 5881 preamp valve in V6 for better cleans

Bright: Switch on
Crunch: Switch off
Pre: I put post gain on 10 and use pre grain as volumen knob
Bass: 10
Middle: 1
Treble: 6
Resonance: 10
Presence: 0
Post Gain: 10

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Interesting thread for when you just can't dial in an inspiring sound at home!

TauSigmaNova

Guitarist Wannabe.
Reaction score
Anyone else got any JCA 20/22 settings? I have a few of my own I'll share but wanna see other people's settings for reference since I never get good recordings with any settings I try. That and I just wanna see what everyone else uses for theirs.

spn_phoenix_92

The Black Winter
Reaction score
Is this thread dead? :deathm:

If anyone still posts here, I'm picking up a Line 6 Pod XT Pro on friday & would love some settings to try out. Mainly looking for some modern tight metal tones.