Amp VST

• Thread starter NickSlash_Green
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster....

I've been trying to find an Amp Sim which is similar to a Vox AC30
Right now I've just been using LePou plugins, the LeCto in particular....but I just seem to be getting a muddy tone (I'm going pop-punk here)
I was thinking about trying out the HyBrit by LePou, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an Amp Sim, similar to the Vox AC30

I've googled searched them and I couldn't find any :/

Any help is appreciated

EDIT:
Got me some help VST wise, and I did a bounce
Would any one mind having a listen?

https://soundcloud.com/nickslash_green/str-eq-bounce

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khesahn

Reaction score
Are you only looking for free vst´s?

If you have a iphone or iPad, garageband has some pretty decent voxísh emulations in it. All you would need is one of the many guitar plugs for those devices. it will cost you a little, but not much.

Else we´re looking at something like guitar rig, from NI! it´s not free though..

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Yep GR has one I don't know how good it is.

Personally I think you should check out the demo for Scuffham S Gear. It has 3 amps and is undeniably the best most realistic amp sim for clean and low gain tones. It is highly revered.
It doesn't have an AC30 sim sadly, but you may find yourself satisfied.

Reaction score
Are you only looking for free vst´s?

If you have a iphone or iPad, garageband has some pretty decent voxísh emulations in it. All you would need is one of the many guitar plugs for those devices. it will cost you a little, but not much.

Else we´re looking at something like guitar rig, from NI! it´s not free though..
I was hoping for free to be honest
Money isn't my strongest suit right now

I have PodFarm, if that can help at all...(doubt it does)
I've got access to garageband (off my Mac), I haven't really tried the amp sims on it, especially after I tried Logic's amp designer and it's terribleness blew me away

JLP2005

Chief Knuckledragger
Reaction score
I'll throw this out there--

If you're lacking an MFX pedal or something of the like, the VOX tonelab ST provides some pretty dead-on amp sims in regards to it's production history. They have the AC15, the AC30, and the AC30 top-boost, etc.

Pretty good stuff-- the tone is spot on, even from my Blackstar HT-5.

Khesahn

Reaction score
Well there´s a ac30 amp sim in pod farm which I actually like a lot, also the citrus amp sim which is an orange amp sim.. They would be good choices I think!

Reaction score
Fair enough guy's
Cheers for the POD advice

I actually took that in and changed the amp sims up
Took the time and did a little eq-ing (using logics presets)
Do any of you mind taking a look at it and giving me some advice on EQ-ing....as it sounds terribleeeee imo

Scottckr

Wololololo
Reaction score
Check out the most recent Digital Performer, it's a DAW in which the latest version(8) includes a Vox AC30 simulator which according to the samples sounds pretty damn good :p
Might be a bit pricey though

Scottckr

Wololololo
Reaction score
Sithu Aye gets amazing tones from VST plugins, he posted his settings and stuff here some time ago, look that up, it includes guitar rig and lepou's amps and stuff

Reaction score
Sithu Aye gets amazing tones from VST plugins, he posted his settings and stuff here some time ago, look that up, it includes guitar rig and lepou's amps and stuff
Ah okay, thanks for the advice
I'll check it out :)

EDIT: Where can I find it?
I assumed he was a user, although I couldn't find him when I searched :/

Last edited:

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Yeah, C2Aye is a frequent user/member here and on Got-Djent.com. His most recent release 'Invent the Universe' is one of the top free downloadable releases of 2012. His earlier 2012 release, Isles, isn't too bad, neither. :) (bandcamp.com)

There are a couple of guys on YouTube that are great to learn from. As it pertains to VsT's, Amp Sims and the like. This guy I don't know too well but, his videos are top-notch; Fearcomplexmusic. Awesome learning materials.

Another guy is, Johnny Shnizz on Got-Djent.com and Mojojojo378 on YouTube(same guy).

aturaya

Reaction score
+1 For S-Gear, the clean and light distortion/fuzz tones are amazing. Really dynamic.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score

Oh hey, that's me!

I posted settings I used for LeGion on a couple of threads, mostly for my releases. Here is a screencap of my current distorted setup: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302626/Signal Chain 2.jpg

Obviously, what I use won't be of use to most people but it could be used as a starting point. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to ask anything!

Oh, and an example of the tone I get from this setup: https://soundcloud.com/c2aye/hypatia

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Head Case is Here check out Headcase Suite. Lets you design your own amps and share them with others and install other amps. It is pretty neat. You just download a JPG of amps you want to install. Solid amp sim.

Reaction score
Oh hey, that's me!

I posted settings I used for LeGion on a couple of threads, mostly for my releases. Here is a screencap of my current distorted setup: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302626/Signal Chain 2.jpg

Obviously, what I use won't be of use to most people but it could be used as a starting point. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to ask anything!

Oh, and an example of the tone I get from this setup: https://soundcloud.com/c2aye/hypatia
My daysssss
That tone.....
You said you got this all from amp VST's???

Actually love it....
Although that is not what I'm looking for xD
Atm I'm just looking for a pop-punk kinda tone....
Like one which isn't muddy as mine

')