Amplitube and Redwirez

• Thread starter TheDepthsWillRise
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Does anyone have any amp model/cab impulse combos that really work for them for high gain, very tight sounds? I have a couple of combos that I like, but nothing that's really blown me away. I'm saving for an AxeFx, but I need some new tricks in the meantime.

BTW, I'm on Logic, so LePou isn't as much of an option.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
You know,

are available in AU format for Logic :)

Despite it being the most popular setup in metal, I'm going off of V30 speakers into SM57s. I like to soften that tone up with the Royer 121 mic.
Try blending the Mesa V30 SM57 Cone 0 with the Royer 121 Cone 0 for a start, 30% SM57 70% Royer. That's the basis of my tone, works with most of those amp sims very well.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
You know,

are available in AU format for Logic :)

Despite it being the most popular setup in metal, I'm going off of V30 speakers into SM57s. I like to soften that tone up with the Royer 121 mic.
Try blending the Mesa V30 SM57 Cone 0 with the Royer 121 Cone 0 for a start, 30% SM57 70% Royer. That's the basis of my tone, works with most of those amp sims very well.

Oh nice, I have two of his plugs, but I'm missing a couple. I'll have to grab those immediately. Thanks. I'll try those mic combos. I feel like I get stuck in the Uberkab/121/sm7b mix a lot. Sometimes + Orange cab.

Latest posts

')