Amps you WISH would be re-issued

• Thread starter wheresthefbomb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Not sure if it classifies as an amp but please give us back the Fryette GP/DI. Tyvm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I'd like to see Mesa reissue the 20/20 and a modernized 2:90. The Peavey classic 50/50 etc. Maybe even lower wattage versions or something for the modern era. I guess since the Fryette two/fifty/two still exists there's really no point. That really is the best one. It works for any situation. All other have issues in either loud or quite scenarions it seems.

For bass amps I'd like to see the Mesa Buster 1x15 reissued. That was a great sounding bass amp. Plenty loud but a bit trouble keeping up with loud metal without extension cab. Still awesome though.

Anyone who hasn't been on the Mesa site recently should be aware basically almost all Mesa Bass stuff is no longer. Thanks Gibson. Almost nothing to speak of. At all. : (

Not a specific amp but there really should be a lot more focus on mosfet rack amps for guitar preamp purposes. LIke the HH and Mosvalve etc, but just brought up to date and with an even more specific focus on tube feel etc. They're already so close, but mosfets are more money than tubes it seems. - To finally be able to get a solid state type amp with a genuine tube feel and breakup in this shrinking tube world would be awsome. I'm thinking use something similar to what Synergy just did with the Z module's 0 watt power amp, or maybe even use a small actual tube amp for the harmonics and feel like the old GP3 preamp then go into a mosfet or something. I;m curious if Synergy is going to revamp the whole line now with that breakthough. They sort of elude to it in the Dr Z advertisement.

I love tubes best, but still believe some thing like this will or could eventually rival even the best tubes amps and be much more reliable with less power consumption too. I know it's apples and oranges but in practice not so much. If it's got the magic it's got the magic, and what type of tech it is don't matter at that point.

')