Amps you WISH would be re-issued

• Thread starter wheresthefbomb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Others have said Krank and I'd be pretty stoked if Tony put out a redo of the Rev+ with bearable aesthetics at a sub 2k pricepoint. Bonus points of it didn't use SMD resistors. Beyond that, it's hard to say - I've always thought an updated version of the SL-X would be cool. It doesn't even have to be called a JCM900 or SL-X, they could name it some obnoxious new name and make it in Vietnam, if it sounded basically the same I'd be down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Dream big, mafaks!

Mesa coliseum
Marshall major

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Mk3 Coliseum
Randall Satan
Peavey Ultra (the original)
Dude I want a Coliseum so bad, I had no idea it even existed until I saw a meme about one (coincidentally your meme I think actually :lol:) but my God, that's the one of the tankiest amps Ive ever seen.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Fryette UL. Steve's been saying forever that there's a II coming, like the Deliverance, but it's still nowhere to be seen.
100% this. I have been patiently waiting. Might take him another 10 years though because he's a mad scientist :lol:

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Dude I want a Coliseum so bad, I had no idea it even existed until I saw a meme about one (coincidentally your meme I think actually :lol:) but my God, that's the one of the tankiest amps Ive ever seen.
They're my holy grail amp. My lil 60w Mk3 is already a face ripper so I have a feeling the punch and headroom of the 180w would just make that classic mark quality even more fun. I still cry when I think about how I missed out on a Coliseum locally for like 1200$ 😭

soap_opera_phantom

bronze sound and pointy guitars
Reaction score
anything with the overlooked and underrated formula of tube pre and solid state post.

Randall T2 and V2, the old mosvalve and tube driver amps, etc. also sold solid state gems like the crate Excalibur, Randall titan and cyclone, fender m80 chorus, Marshall mosfet.

my dream amp would be a big ass Orange head with a tube preamp and a jfet power rated at like 400 watts.

tomahawkguitarist

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
anything with the overlooked and underrated formula of tube pre and solid state post.

Randall T2 and V2, the old mosvalve and tube driver amps, etc. also sold solid state gems like the crate Excalibur, Randall titan and cyclone, fender m80 chorus, Marshall mosfet.

my dream amp would be a big ass Orange head with a tube preamp and a jfet power rated at like 400 watts.
Don't forget the older Peavey Vypyr Tube amps. Mixed preamp and power amp tubes with solid state "Transtube" technology. Ridiculous value sleeper amp at its time (like other Peavys i.e. Windsor).

Or just buy a Quad Cortex and powered Mission FRFR cab and download so many good tube amp captures to the point where you never feel the need to buy another amp again.

From a (former) tube purist.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
I could 100% see those selling for top dollar in 20 years, based strictly on nostalgia.

It already has begun. No lowballers, they know what they've got.
362218584_10230382974541130_395556217659503059_n.jpg

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Mesa should just remake a Triple Rectifier Rev F, so people stop paying 4k to get one. Just do the same thing that Peavey did with 6505 1992 OG, but make it in USA.

Also,

Egnater Armageddon
Fortin NATAS - just make the real deal one and not a cheapo Randall Satan (I guess you could just buy an Evil Pumpkin, but whatever)
Randall - RG100es or Century 200 remake

soap_opera_phantom

bronze sound and pointy guitars
Reaction score
Don't forget the older Peavey Vypyr Tube amps. Mixed preamp and power amp tubes with solid state "Transtube" technology. Ridiculous value sleeper amp at its time (like other Peavys i.e. Windsor).

Or just buy a Quad Cortex and powered Mission FRFR cab and download so many good tube amp captures to the point where you never feel the need to buy another amp again.

From a (former) tube purist.

dude I had the Vypyr tube 60 combo when I was a kid and I got rid of it 💀 still regret that move

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I’ve played through a mark II coliseum, they are even louder than you’d imagine. Fucking crazy.

')