Amptweaker Fat v Tight Metal

• Thread starter enuenu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which Amptweaker for evil JMP?

• Total voters

enuenu

Reaction score
Looking for modern evil in a box for my JMP100 MkII. Want o give Amptweaker a go but torn between the Tight Metal & Fat Metal. Watched all the comparison clips and more confused than ever.

The Tight seems to have a really evil snarl where the Fat seems too ill defined. However through my rig maybe the Tight would have too much top end and sound thin.

I play mostly heavy rhythm.

Fat has the ability to A/B switch with another pedal which is cool. Tight Metal seems to be the only basic model in the range without this functionality for some reason.

Which pedal for my JMP + LP rig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Just go for a Tight Metal Pro. It has the A/B effects loop, smooth edge switch to tame the high end, and it has a fat switch to give you some sag.

vick1000

Reaction score
You can always dial out the spank of a bright signal. Sometimes it's really hard to get rid of muddy low end though, much more things in a chain to cut highs.

Coldsnow

Reaction score
You'll only end up cursing yourself if you don't make the dream real and possess the best choice of all: a TightMetalPro. seriously , there is nothing finer.

enuenu

Reaction score
You'll only end up cursing yourself if you don't make the dream real and possess the best choice of all: a TightMetalPro. seriously , there is nothing finer.

I thank you are right. I haven't heard another distortion pedal that gets that evil.

Gmork

Reaction score
Tightmetalpro is so good its ridiculous. I love mine. SO many useful functions add a cheap joyo eq in the universal loop and get any tone you could ever hope for, seriously. Ive gone through a magnum44 power amp and 1x10 at home and into the fx return loop of a 100w amp into 4x12 w/ v30s. In any situation the tightmetal plus ROARS!

')