AMT Electroics Stonehead rack is finally here!

• Thread starter justallama
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gmork

Reaction score
so is this a bunch of amt preamp p2 pedals crammed into a rack amplifier? cuz thatd be amazing!

shredfreak

Reaction score
What do you think of AMT's potential to win over typical tube amp buyer's compared to Randall?

To me it seems Randall continues to put out SS amps with the same iconic SS sound that tube guys cringe and run away from, while AMT is putting out SS amps that sound far closer to tube amps.

If people have the option of getting a tube sound without the maintenance or quirks of tubes, don't you think they would pick that option?

That amp looks damn interesting. I reckon it could gain massive popularity in the underground circuit for compact touring rigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Necrobump.
Any tried this thing yet?

No, but their new Brick X Lead pedals are available for pre-order...

https://amt-sales.com/preamps/bricks-preamps/

Some cool stuff that sets them apart from the other AMT line:
  • The pedal can control other devices or be controlled by other devices. It has special CTRL A and CTRL B connectors.
  • X-Lead/X-Clean preamps can be used as separate devices, as well as a group of preamps connected in a serial chain (both via the audio path and the control connectors CTRL A and CTRL B). In the latter case, turning on any preamp in the chain will turn off all other connected preamps, that is, they’ll be switched to TRUE BYPASS mode. Thus, without the use of any external devices, it is possible to implement a multichannel preamp from almost any reasonable number of preamps of the X-Lead/X-Clean line, switched by the “one of” rule.
  • In addition, X-Lead / X-Clean preamps, along with other devices, can be used as part of an AMT Bricks pedalboard. Full information about the pedalboard will be presented later.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Nice, I’ve been wondering what was up with those brick preamps, I heard about them what seems like a couple years ago, then nothing since.

I’m allergic to preorders but I can’t wait until they’re out, I want to get the VT-lead pedal.

Still kind of wish they went with a larger enclosure instead of building up, but hey.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice, I’ve been wondering what was up with those brick preamps, I heard about them what seems like a couple years ago, then nothing since.

I’m allergic to preorders but I can’t wait until they’re out, I want to get the VT-lead pedal.

Still kind of wish they went with a larger enclosure instead of building up, but hey.

I agree, but literally their product description (and design intent) was a small footprint though.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I know the bricks have been out for awhile. If i were to get one i would toss in one of their solid-state tube replacements lol.

I think i may have to be the guinea pig for the SH-100

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I know the bricks have been out for awhile. If i were to get one i would toss in one of their solid-state tube replacements lol.

I think i may have to be the guinea pig for the SH-100

Yes please. :lol:

I'd love to grab an SH100. TBH It would actually seem killer to run as a preamp into a tube FX loop. Helps since it's a 1U lightweight rack unit. The manual says it's like 3kg, so not even 7 pounds.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Yes please. :lol:

I'd love to grab an SH100. TBH It would actually seem killer to run as a preamp into a tube FX loop. Helps since it's a 1U lightweight rack unit. The manual says it's like 3kg, so not even 7 pounds.

Why bother with a separate poweramp?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Because I'm crazy. :lol:

Just would be an interesting concept for different flavors.

:lol: well it is only 1u so I guess it’s not such a crazy idea. You would have a built in “back-up” poweramp in your situation and it would all be about the same price as some other rack pre’s on the market

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
:lol: well it is only 1u so I guess it’s not such a crazy idea. You would have a built in “back-up” poweramp in your situation and it would all be about the same price as some other rack pre’s on the market

Ty Tabor did something similar back in the day. He had a solid state Gibson Lab amp, but he ran the preamp of it into a Mesa 2:90 power amp for more beef. Would also help if you're like me and like running stereo rigs.

Something else I noticed is that there's 2 different "fx loops". It has the standard FX loop, and a pre out/power in. So I wonder if you can run the amp as normal, and send a preamp out signal into another power amp/stereo FX and do some W/D/W deal