AMT Electronics Legend Amp Series

• Thread starter MorbidAddiction
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
Has anyone checked these out yet?

The E-1 (Engl Fireball)
AMT Electronics USA, LLC - R1 Legend Amp Series Pedal

Obviously never equal a real one, but for the price and compared to other Sims out there I think it sounds pretty good. I'm thinking of buying one as I desperately want an ENGL, but wayy out of my price range. :shred:

This could service till I have the cash for fork out for the real thing.

What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Well, at least the legend pedals have a normal out now. I keep hoping they'd release the California pedal with a regular out (it only has the cab sims) so I could engage Petrucci-mode at will. Overall, they make good pedals, generally as good or better than the Tech 21 pedals.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Am I crazy....or does every single tone demonstrated in that video sound terrible? None of that comes even remotely close to sounding like either ENGL Fireball.

Mordacain

Reaction score
I'd agree they don't sound like a Fireball, some of their other pedals aren't bad. I think that was EQ'd really poorly besides.

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
As I said, doesn't sound like the real deal, but for price it isn't a bad tone and better than any other sims I am aware of? I have yet to hear the POD HD fireball tone though.

If only ENGL weren't sooo expensive :*(

Mordacain

Reaction score
I think the POD sounded a bit better from what I heard. Of course its more expensive and has a lot more EQ shaping options.

Reaction score
I tried the F1. Sounded a bit thin. Had NO saturation of its own. With a distortion pedal in front, it sounded like typical Tech 21 Sansamp shit distortion--very poor pick attack articulation.

The Sansamp Blonde pedal is far better. Warm tones, and a saturation that sounds pretty damn good for Sansamp.

Might as well get a POD HD though. Sounds way better. Or if Tech 21 gets their shit together and releases a TRI-AC type version of their Character Series pedals, might be worth checking out.

MorbidAddiction

Reaction score
So you think the POD HD is the way to go? What's the difference between the models? I haven't really established that. I was looking at either 300, or the 400HD.

Mordacain

Reaction score
So you think the POD HD is the way to go? What's the difference between the models? I haven't really established that. I was looking at either 300, or the 400HD.

I'm sure someone else could chime in here, but I think the principle difference is in the extra features...the models themselves I believe are the same:

Compare POD guitar amp modelers | Line 6

Mordacain

Reaction score
Looking at that, it appears the 400 adds 20 something effects and an expression jack. The 500 adds double the looper time and double the amount of simultaneous effects. Each 400 and 500 adds additional floor controls on top of the lower version.

For what you're talking about, looks like the 300 would do ya fine.

Inazone

Reaction score
If anyone here is on Harmony Central, there are a number of clips over there of the various AMT pedals. I personally love the sound of the Peavey-style one, but the Engl-type clips have been good too. The search function on that forum is awful, but here is the link to one guy's clips:

netmusicians.org - the guitar gear mp3 database

(Note that some AMT clips use the direct cab-sim output, and others use IRs instead. Also, some of the clips are actual amps, so make sure you know what you're listening to.)

')