An actual good pick

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
An even better pick:

81U8+cF88JL.jpg

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, while I do think he's a good pick myself being from a left of center perspective, I imagine the GOP is going to dogpile him pretty hard from a policy perspective as governor: "(Walz) increased spending for welfare programs, education and guaranteed family and medical leave for workers". All good things this country needs more of, but big red and white bullseye targets for hardline conservatives.

I'm not sure how much ground this will make up for undecided and "independent" (polite conservative) voters, but it's a decent pick for Blue Dog-type Dems I reckon.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much ground this will make up for undecided and "independent" (polite conservative) voters, but it's a decent pick for Blue Dog-type Dems I reckon.
He did move considerably to the left after Dems won the legislature in 2022. He's pretty well in step with how Biden has governed (to the left of where he campaigned) as far as domestic policies. It's also a ticket that should be notably more skeptical of Netanyahu.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised she picked him since MN is not a swing state and pretty reliably votes blue. I was also wondering if she'd pick Shaprio due to him being younger, since age has been a hot topic since Biden and the orange one are old white men.

That said, exciting news either way for Kamala's pick. He's not flashy by any means but I think he also represents stability comapred to the clown show the right has become. I think America is beyond ready for a return to normalcy and to move away from the rhetoric and insanity the right has so infamously made their brand.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised she picked him since MN is not a swing state and pretty reliably votes blue. I was also wondering if she'd pick Shaprio due to him being younger, since age has been a hot topic since Biden and the orange one are old white men.
Notable thing about Walz, despite being an overweight balding grey haired guy, he's only a year older than her and 20 years younger than Biden. I'm not sure this is the ticket they want to run on 2028, but I think that it's a nice compromise after Biden's decline threw them a curveball.

Worth noting also, I don't think you necessarily "need" the governor of a state to put it in play. Shapiro is popular-ish in Pennsylvania but not overwhelmingly. It's not like he won't endorse and campaign for this ticket. Walz or any other mid-west-ish, blue collar district Dem should bring the same thing to the ticket.

People saying it's anti-Semitic to talk down Shapiro because his Israel policy is same-ish to the other two non Jewish guys, but that ignores his awful "Palestinians are violent by nature" paper he penned in college. He just says "I was 20 years old" but doesn't do much to rebut the content or where it came from and were he substantively changed. They don't need that out there to draw more heat.

I haven't dug into it but there was also considerable pushback toward him favoring vouchers for private/religious schools.

Those are two big shots inviting trouble from the Progressive wing of the party that we don't need in a race that'll be determined by enthusiasm driving turnout. I also didn't love the idea of two prosecutors on the ticket.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I saw this thread from the side feed and thought we got some awesome new kind of pick. My disappointment is immeasurable.

In all seriousness though, while I do think he's a good pick myself being from a left of center perspective, I imagine the GOP is going to dogpile him pretty hard from a policy perspective as governor: "(Walz) increased spending for welfare programs, education and guaranteed family and medical leave for workers". All good things this country needs more of, but big red and white bullseye targets for hardline conservatives.

I wouldn't worry about this at all. For exactly the reasons you outline. Those positions are a boon for him among the field of folks that can likely be swayed to voting their ticket / are supporters already. Any incoming fire from the GOP on this will just galvanize the support that's there already; the only people that are going to be roused by any shots fired on those positions are folks who were already voting red anyway.

This is going to be such an interesting election.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Notable thing about Walz, despite being an overweight balding grey haired guy, he's only a year older than her and 20 years younger than Biden. I'm not sure this is the ticket they want to run on 2028, but I think that it's a nice compromise after Biden's decline threw them a curveball.

Worth noting also, I don't think you necessarily "need" the governor of a state to put it in play. Shapiro is popular-ish in Pennsylvania but not overwhelmingly. It's not like he won't endorse and campaign for this ticket. Walz or any other mid-west-ish, blue collar district Dem should bring the same thing to the ticket.

People saying it's anti-Semitic to talk down Shapiro because his Israel policy is same-ish to the other two non Jewish guys, but that ignores his awful "Palestinians are violent by nature" paper he penned in college. He just says "I was 20 years old" but doesn't do much to rebut the content or where it came from and were he substantively changed. They don't need that out there to draw more heat.

I haven't dug into it but there was also considerable pushback toward him favoring vouchers for private/religious schools.

Those are two big shots inviting trouble from the Progressive wing of the party that we don't need in a race that'll be determined by enthusiasm driving turnout. I also didn't love the idea of two prosecutors on the ticket.
Depsite him being my governor, I actually thought he was older... Whoopise doodle lol

Honestly, I do not know much about Shapiro other than there was some contention around his stance on Israel/Palestine. I believe Pennsylvania votes blue more often than red, right?

sleewell

Reaction score
mayor pete would have been good too, probably not quite ready yet though. i'd love to see all the homophobes making themselves look even uglier while he just torches them over and over.

a large group of higher ups in the AZ gop endorsed Harris yesterday, bet trump loved that hahahahahah

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I just like that there are finally a pair of democratic nominees that aren't doormats. They both actually have some teeth in their rhetoric, something absolutely necessary in a post-Trump America.

Latest posts

')