An actual good pick

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
straight, white, married-once, veteran, hunter, football coach with children
Some of the descriptions I heard of this guy at first had me wondering if maybe someone was confused and describing a republican - a hunter? From a small town? Who tells it like it is? Playing the populism game?

But I heard some clips of the guy speak, and can't find anything objectionable. It almost feels like a brilliant strategy to use the populism angle on the opposite side for a change. Do I really think that any politician can ever truly be a "man of the people"? Meh, not really, but if that's what the game is at this point, I'd rather someone who isn't an awful human being be the one playing it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Why do you like nylons? I tried them once and was like "uhh, it's different" and panicked and went back to tortex.
To be perfectly honest I saw Stephen O'Malley was using one in a SUNN rig rundown and thought "well shit I'll give it a go." I still use dunlop flow (1.5 and 2.0 mm) for more precise or aggressive playing but I find the black nylons have just the right combination of beveled sharpness and springy give for strumming and any kind of ambient playing where I don't want a super sharp attack. They have a texture that makes them easier to hold onto, and don't have that squared off edge that tortex/star picks have. Also they're cheap and readily available.

')