An easy diet

• Thread starter The Atomic Ass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
Not the loosing weight kind, but the what you're eating kind.

I'm fairly certain I'm not eating right. I've got too much energy for a short period, and then I feel like shit for the rest of the day. I also feel tired after sleeping for 8-9 hours.

But you see the thing is, I'm too lazy to cook much. :lol:

So what are some good foods that require as little preparation as possible, and can preferably be frozen and reheated later on. I don't need a lot of variety, really, I can stand to eat the same thing day in and day out.

And before anyone mentions, yes, I'm going to pick up some vitamins on my next trip to the store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Well, these things are the shit for breakfast.

BS_Scrambles_IMG.jpg

Breakfast is the last meal I'm ever worried about as far as being healthy/fatty. Usually the "worse" for you, the better I feel and do throughout the day. Lots of eggs and some good, non-sugary carbs and a few cups of black coffee are good, too.

I typically run up to the Publix right up the street two blocks and get a half sub (no mayo) and a tea, no chips. Sometimes I'll go home for lunch and make a sandwich.

Dinner we usually grill a lean protein (fish, chicken, pork, steak) and do a vegetable, starch, and salad.

I rarely drink any sugary stuff. I've taken milk out of the equation right now, and I take a super multivitamin, probably 2,000 mg fish oil (high concentrations of epa and dha). Was taking Ester-C until I read something recently saying it can suppress endurance. Protein shake usually twice a day, and some other things in there as well.

Lean pockets are pretty awesome and easy to get/make. Sandwiches are always pretty good, easy, quick, and cheap as well.

Cans of soup are another good easy cheap one.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Reduce your intake of carbs i guess, which is rice, potato's, bread, pasta, noodles etc. I could be wrong, but those sort of things are pure energy, and its good to eat them alot if your going to be using the energy from it (gym for example makes good use of them), if you don't it generally just turns to fat lol. Also depends on the time of your intake of it aswell.

carbon

Reaction score
My diet that I am getting back on is fairly basic, cooking food is something I can never seem to set aside time to do. I just have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a slim fast shake for my second meal, then for my 3rd and 4th or 5th meal I make a wrap out of a tortilla consisting of light mayo, turkey, cheese and lettuce. I cut it in half and eat one part when I make it and have the other half later in the day. For the meal that isn't the second half of the wrap I just have an apple, a small protein shake, or whatever.
Smaller meals spaced throughout the day are better for your metabolism compared to three or less meals. When you eat a large meal, unless you are Michael Phelps, your body cannot utilize all the calories it is taking in at that time so it stores the extra as fat. When this begins to happen your body will slow down its metabolism so it can more effectively store the food for later on. By eating smaller more frequent meals there is enough food to keep your metabolism up and running but not so much that the excess is stored away. Your body doesn't want to burn off fat unless it absolutely has to, and it will slow down your metabolism to next to nothing to keep it that way.
The slim fast shakes are lame to be seen purchasing, but the chocolate ones aren't half bad and what better way to eat than to drink out of a can? :D Also with whatever diet you go with, make sure you have enough fiber. Digesting fiber is a difficult task and will actually burn off some calories, and you don't want to have a high protein diet without something to, um, hold you together :lol:. Good luck with your diet!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
well shit - i just ate a plate of spaghetti with no intentions of going anywhere :(.

I too need to get off my lazy ass and learn how to cook better meals. i watch what i eat, but i dont eat that great :(

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
I don't really need to diet to lose weight, I need more energy. (And more fiber).

I'm at my worst right now, and I don't think I could lose 20lbs without being in unhealthy territory.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Have you thought of getting a protein powder as a supplement? I would recommend something like Syntha-6, Lean Body by Labrada, or Muscle Milk. They have a good blend of proteins, MCT's (medium chain triglycerides) and fiber (usually 5 grams per serving).

That may be something to consider.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Have you thought of getting a protein powder as a supplement? I would recommend something like Syntha-6, Lean Body by Labrada, or Muscle Milk. They have a good blend of proteins, MCT's (medium chain triglycerides) and fiber (usually 5 grams per serving).

That may be something to consider.

BSN products are waay over hyped and Muscle Milk is ok.

I would check out the Met-rx MRP and Some Whole Gains which taste really good.

jaxadam

Reaction score
BSN products are waay over hyped and Muscle Milk is ok.

I would check out the Met-rx MRP and Some Whole Gains which taste really good.

I actually like a lot of the BSN stuff. I have buddies who can't even go to the gym unless they jack up on N.O. Xplode.

I love the Syntha-6. Not only does it taste good, but it does actually have a decent profile. Same with Muscle Milk. One of my buddies who deals supps swears by Cytosport.

I gave up on Met-Rx long ago.

Tiger

Reaction score
Man feel free to buy a bunch of supplements if you want to blow your money for diminished returns.

Or spend a 1/5 of that on getting pasta supplies and bagels. Eat carbs throughout the day = usable energy that lasts, then a protein meal towards the end of the day. You'll get ALL of the protein you need just from the pasta and a bit of meat. Nobody needs an extra 50-100 grams of protein a day. You're just going to shit it out.

No offense to anyone who uses supplements, but in this fairly intense training for the past 3 months Ive found no point in them. None of that stuff was available to the athletes of the yesteryear: Did Sugar Ray Robinson need to get jacked on $50-100 a month worth of supplements to be the best? Im thinking he just ate right.

JakeRI

Reaction score
any vegetarian products are good for that. even the Fake bacon is good for cold BLT's that can be refrigerated, and all you need is a microwave. you should eat actually meals though

jaxadam

Reaction score
No offense to anyone who uses supplements, but in this fairly intense training for the past 3 months Ive found no point in them. None of that stuff was available to the athletes of the yesteryear: Did Sugar Ray Robinson need to get jacked on $50-100 a month worth of supplements to be the best? Im thinking he just ate right.

Think what you want, but they make a difference. In the yesteryears I was training, I was 185 consistently for years. Now I float around 205 and am significantly bigger and stronger.

For someone who is active, there is nothing wrong with a protein supplement. And I'm guessing you're going to say that anabolic steriods don't work, either?

The athletes are bigger and better today because of science.

Tiger

Reaction score
Think what you want, but they make a difference. In the yesteryears I was training, I was 185 consistently for years. Now I float around 205 and am significantly bigger and stronger.

For someone who is active, there is nothing wrong with a protein supplement. And I'm guessing you're going to say that anabolic steriods don't work, either?

The athletes are bigger and better today because of science.

Like I said, diminishing returns. And homeskilet said he needed energy, and carbs are the way to go for that more so than a protein shake.

Im burning off 1400-1500 calories in my workouts, and my diet is balanced at 40% fat, 40% carbs, 20% protein. No one needs to be that extreme for normal exercise, but protein is not as effective for energy and feeling above baseline.

Kind of random about that last steroid line, so I'll answer you with of course they do, and now I bet you're going to say cows don't moo? :confused:

I never said these supplements dont do something. I just say they do very little compared to their price tag. If you just spent that much money on a very lavish diet he'd come out way further ahead.

I liken it to women buying every hair care and skin product out there for outrageous sums of money with 'brand new formula's!' promised in each bottle, and for what? Shinier hair? Gaining muscle mass isnt the be all end all of being in shape. I'd like to see any of the body builders at my gym keep up with me, and Ive gotta be 50 pounds lighter on muscle.

But hey, its my opinion, I just think/know that more effort and balanced diet is better for you than buying solutions.

EDIT: Of course theres no nice way of bashing something someone else does, but lets not get angry over it.

')