An ESP Ben Savage BS-7...with EMGs?!

• Thread starter bradthelegend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
ESP Ben Savage BS 7 Sample Prototype Electric Guitar | eBay

$%28KGrHqV,!lMFCRfGQMjYBQvDDe32Tw~~60_12.JPG

Stumbled across this on eBay and thought I'd pass it along. It says it's a prototype, so I'm guessing it's from before the boys in Whitechapel switched over to Dimarzio.

If you actually like active pickup routes (like me) here's your chance to snag a pretty cool one-of-a-kind guitar. :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I hate EMG 7 string routes that does look damn good.

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
Typical, the specs in the description are wrong :lol: Someone clearly didn't LOOK at the guitar.

Ebay sellers never cease to amaze me. I once bought a guitar that was listed as the wrong model, even though LTD prints the model name in all caps right on the 12th fret. Oh, and the seller included a picture of the 12th fret, with the model name. :spock:

Reaction score
I dont get it.. It's so.. Beautiful.. I think it's the shade of the top matched with the flame and the binding and the fretboard.. The cockstock is amazing on this guitar as well..

WANT :wub:

skull2shred

Wolfman
Reaction score
It is a very nice looking guitar but for that price, you can get the normal BS LTD without "SAVAGE" at the 12th fret and a better Floyd (1000) instead of the Floyd Special this prototype has.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
That guitar has been up on eBay for a while now. I was looking at eBay everyday and found a good deal on an RG1527, so expect a NGD from me soon lol.

If anyone is interested there is an RG2077XL up on eBay right now, but there is no way I'm dropping $2,000 on that. I was looking for a 1077XL, but they just don't pop up often and I'm sure these days people are trying to charge a fortune for them.

fortisursus

Reaction score
I kinda like this one more than the current model minus the "savage" inlay. Bit more contrast with the dark stain

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
If anyone is interested there is an RG2077XL up on eBay right now, but there is no way I'm dropping $2,000 on that. I was looking for a 1077XL, but they just don't pop up often and I'm sure these days people are trying to charge a fortune for them.

I think that one on eBay right now is actually a 1077XL since it looks like it has a Lo-Pro trem instead of the Edge Pro. Could be wrong, but it's worth looking at again just in case.

CTDguitarist

Reaction score
if anyone is interested I have a minty bs-7 that I'd be willing to part with now that I orderded my jpx. ;)

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

dirtool

Reaction score
i prefer dimarzio
although this one looks amazing

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
I think the guys in Whitechapel are EMG users, but used DiMarzios because they wanted to use passive pickups in their sigs.

They were for a while. As far as I know, they became endorsed by Dimarzio just before their self-titled album. I think Alex had a thread on here about Ben's custom whenever he finally got it; it was originally routed for EMGs, so it looked...different.

EDIT: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...ouble-cut-eclipse-ben-savage-whitechapel.html

')