An Insomniac's Narrative *Remastered Song* (Intrepid+MF+Music City+Podfarm+Recabinet)

• Thread starter DrewsifStalin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
Reprogrammed drums, remixed and slightly rerecorded, here she is!
http://soundcloud.com/drewsifstalin/an-insomniacs-narrative

<object data="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=237759205/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcolor=4285BB//" type="text/html" height="100" width="400"></object>

<object height="81" width="100%"></object> Hope you guys enjoy, I'll try and keep the material flowing in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Acme

Reaction score
I have to agree with Despised_0515, Groove sounds a bit strange, but I guess it has something to do with SoundCloud's conversion. It's like 100 and 2k gets some extra boost and distortion there. The other song sounds killer on Bandcamp.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
There's something wierd with the tone, have you got a distorted bass track happening man? It sounds like there's a radio style track happening with the guitars that's giving them a weird effect. Still sounds awesome man, always loved Groove!

Reaction score
Damn You... I can hear every thing way to easily... I just love how the kick is so out there... How do you get it to pop out in a mix. I've been using e.Q. and compression. Do you have any suggestions on other tools or tips.?.

Cool Song MAn.!.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
EOA: Concentrate on 60Hz, play with it, and give it a boost on the very high-end (5kHz-8kHz). 2nd just play with compression. :]

Dresif: Song is awesome, maybe bit too bassy but the composition is awesome as always.

Yaris

Beaver Sack #2
Reaction score
I listened to AIN on Bandcamp and I think part of the distorted bass track sounds too "static-y" under the guitars and once you notice it it's kind of distracting. Maybe use a lowpass or whatever to get rid of the higher frequencies on that track, IDK what would solve that. Otherwise it sounds really sexy!

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
I think I need to give the dist bass track a bit more bass and maybe less high,

but yeah my kick is one of the highest things in the mix, haha

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
this is my favorite tone from you yet drew :metal: ...as usual, great stuff. :)

...is it the same tone from your last test mix? :scratch:

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
Nice work, I haven't listened to these songs in a while, I'm rectifying this now. I always loved that Mario bit about 57 seconds in on An Insomniac's Narrative.

Anomality

Reaction score
Mario? haha how do you figure?

That riff sounds KINDA like the first underground level on the NES Mario Bros game. It's different though, I didn't notice until he pointed that out. Anyway, the mix sounds great, your shit just keeps improving, man.

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
grrrr... tonight im gonna to ask god to make my Sylar from Heroes so i can pick your mixing techniques out of your brain!!!, dig it man, i have to add i was jaming that album you posted up on the pages awhile back a few weeks ago, all great stuff

')