An upgrade of sorts...

• Thread starter Spinedriver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I started out playing bass in my current band about a year & a half ago. At the time I had a Peavey Supreme Xl head and a Marshall 1960A (300W mono input). That was sold off to get a bass rig which consisted of a Behringer BX4500H head & a Peavey 4x10 cab:

Newstuff141.jpg

After roughly a year, I switched over to guitar and of course that means..(wait for it) ........ changing rigs again. :wallbash:

I managed to get the cab back from the guy I sold it to and ended up using an ART SGX 2000 pre-amp, Line 6 Uber Metal and a BBE Sonic Stomp with the bass head. The tone was FAR from great, but still usable in a jam situation.

Fast forward 3 or 4 months and I managed to convince the wife to let me buy a Pod XTL. :woot:

Thing is, when my Pod died a month or so ago (the power jack came off the board but it I managed to get it fixed the next day) I realized I have absolutely NO viable backup if we had to play a show & something went wrong with the Pod.

After watching the UPS tracking number bounce up & down the east coast for a week, I finally got my replacement head !! :metal: (bad news is I have to wait until Wed to try it out with the cab.. :mad: )

Here's what I got............

cratehead.jpg

Granted it may not be top of the line, but it's primarily going to be a 'power amp' (just like a PowerBlock) and in case of emergence, I think it'll be totally usable in a gig situation. As far as the 'why didn't you get a decent tube head ?' questions, the answer is that I needed something decent (not sound like totall ASS like a Marshall MG series) and cheap. :yesway:

Anyhoo, that's my big news for the day, please carry on..... :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Excellent work :)

And if the dirty channel doesn't sound as good as you expect, you still have that Uber Metal pedal to fall back onto :)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
You could probably use the Uber Metal as a backup, couldn't you? The UM is the heart of my current rig until I get a POD, and it's doing a great job. In any case, I'm sure that Crate is way better than what you were using before, so yay!

Latest posts

')